Powered by Blogger.

Channeling high-end with my Murval quilted shoulder bag!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

When CSN Stores contacted me to do another review with them I jumped at the opportunity.  My first review was of an ID card wallet from their store called Luxe by CSN, which has a lot of cute things I'm interested in.  However, I wanted to order from a different website so I could speak for more than just one. This time I found an adorable bag from Shoes Got Sole, which sells shoes, bags, and accessories.
Keep reading to see what I got and my thoughts on it!

Murval quilted faux leather shoulder bag

I've never heard of the brand Murval before, but they sell a variety of handbags on Shoes Got Sole.com. They all appear to be trendy and fashion-forward.

Design/quality:  When I saw this on the website, my first thought was that it looked like those quilted Chanel bags that have been so popular recently.  I've always loved that style, so I was immediately drawn to the simple and classic design.  This Murval bag is made of black faux leather and has adorable chain-strap handles (it looks like two, but they connect through the loops in the top of the bag, so it's like one long strand).  
It has a top flap that closes with a turn lock, that is gold to match the rest of the detailing.  The bottom of the purse has four gold "legs" that help hold it up when you set it down, which I thought was a nice added touch.  




Although it's clearly faux leather, the material doesn't feel cheap.  I'm not expert in designer bags but I definitely don't feel embarrassed to walk around with this, despite it being a type of "knock off".  It looks chic, sophisticated, and classy.  I can see myself wearing it out to dinner or to a club.

Functionality:  The website says this measures 7.25x8.5", but I guess I thought it would be bigger.  I was a little surprised when I pulled it out of the box and it was so small.  For comparison, here's a picture of it next to my 13" laptop:


It's big enough to carry the essentials, but I definitely can't throw a lot of extras into it.  Thankfully there is a zipper pocket on the inside along with a slot for my cell phone.  
The chain strap is nice, but I would have liked it to be a tad longer- it hits right around my waist.  I think it would have laid perfectly if it went down to my hip.  It's still very functional, though, and I realize I'm being quite particular here.  

Overall, I think if you've been wanting something of this style (with that Chanel vibe) but without the hefty price tag, this Murval bag would be good to consider.  It's not Chanel, but it's still stylish, functional, and it doesn't look like a cheap knock off.  I've already gotten several compliments on it from friends!  

Comments/questions?  Thanks for reading!  
(PS- anyone live in the midwest and experiencing this crazy weather?  Today has been mild here in Chicago, but yesterday was INSANE!  Seeing it out my dorm window on the 17th floor was awesome!)

Disclaimer: I was able to pick out this product for review courtesy of CSNstores.com.  My opinions are 100% my own, without any bias towards to company.  

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP