Powered by Blogger.

Holy Grail Purchase?

Thursday, February 3, 2011


Buying expensive or designer clothes and shoes has never been high on my wishlist. While, like everyone, I would love to be able to buy that perfect item; I don't want to end up in debt as a result. For a few years now, its been a little dream of mine to buy a pair of Kurt Geiger boots (after seeing my friend's stunning pair). I thought this mission unattainable but when I decided to go on the website, I thought my prayers had been answered.

The site was having a 70% sale, which lets face it, was going to be the only time I could afford anything. I bought these beauties, which were down from 200euro to just under 100euro. While their not technically KG, the are made by Radley, who are owned by them. So I cheated a bit. My first thought, after whacking them into my cart, was that were the exact thing I had been looking for; three quarter length, grey, flat and comfortable boots. And while three of those four statements are true, comfort is the most important.

I love high shoes and can deal with slight discomfort in the shoes I wear. They arrived in a massive box, looking beautiful and the first thing I did today was try them on. I took a little trip to my local shop in them and have never experienced such pain in a short space of time. There's uncomfortable and there's sheer pain. Not only was I hobbling home from the shop, but the skin on my ankles had ripped off. Gross, but true.

While I understand that boots have to be "broken in", the pain I experienced from these boots has made me never want to put them on again. After ten minutes of walking in them, I was cut, bleeding and on the verge of tears. Why do we spend so much money on things that hurt? While beauty is pain, it can't be this painful.

Think I'll stick to the cheap and less painful high street shoes. At least then I can accept the pain endured knowing little money has been spent on them.


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP