Powered by Blogger.

January 2011 favorites!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Better late than never, right?  I really apologize for the sporadic posting the last couple of weeks.  I've been pretty busy with school, friends, and other typical life stuff- I'm sure you can all relate!  So thanks for bearing with me.  I had quite a few new favorites this month, since I actually bought some new makeup over Christmas break.


Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadow trio in Silent Treatment- I've been getting more into taupes lately, and the eyelid shade in this trio is just gorgeous.  It's a real, true taupe with the right amount of shimmer.  This is also a great quad for an easy day-to-night look (neutral enough for daytime, but buildable for nighttime).

Victoria's Secret eyeshadow single in Beloved- I finally purchased this for myself after lemming it for the year and a half that I worked there.  It's a deep shimmery olive green that runs on the sheer side but is buildable- you need several swipes to get the same color as what it looks like in the pan.  I actually like this, because it means I can use it in my crease without it being overbearing.

Physicians Formula Organic Wear mascara- The formula of this seems similar to me to Covergirl LashBlast Fusion (I was using these simultaneously for a few weeks).  It's a drier formula like LashBlast, but the wand is a little different.  I like it, but I've mostly been using it so I can finish it.  Wouldn't repurchase.

Prestige Total Intensity eyeliner in Strong Slate- I actually didn't love this at first because of the shimmer, but my recent lemming of long-wear, waterproof eyeliners has had me reaching for this frequently.  It lasts all day and night and doesn't tug/pull when applied.


Bare Minerals original SPF foundation in Fairly Medium- I actually haven't used this so much since I've returned back to school, because my skin has been insanely dry.  But I love it normally and can't wait to get more use out of it when warmer months come!

Bare Minerals Mineral Veil- Everything I've read about this translucent powder giving your skin a "glow" is true- for me, anyway.  It's really subtle and probably only noticeable to me, but I can really tell a difference after I've applied this over my foundation.

Urban Decay Original Primer Potion- I'm still trying to use up my old Victoria's Secret eyeshadow primer, but I purchased this at the beginning of January and have used it several times.  I love it so much.  My VS primer will start to crease towards the end of the day, but this baby keeps my eyeshadows/liners on all day/night.

Revlon Age Defying concealer- I got this for under $3 at the CVS beauty clearance sale, and it's been my go-to concealer ever since.  It works great for under eye concealers and redness around my nose/chin. 

ELF tinted moisturizer- I've had this thing since last spring, but brought it back out because I wanted to finish it.  My tube just broke so I depotted it into one of the sample jars I received from Mario Badescu.  Plain and simple, I love it.  It gives me enough moisture and coverage for these dry winter months, and lasts all day when topped with powder.  It's also natural-looking enough for me- I still like to see my natural skin peeking through when I wear face makeup.  

Those are my favorites for this month!  Any that you guys have on your list, too?  I'd love to hear any comments you may have.  
Thanks for reading! :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP