Powered by Blogger.

TruBlend...I wish!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

I don't like giving something a bad review, I really don't. However when I try a product that isn't good (at least it wasn't for me) than I want to share the reasons why I didn't like it and maybe help you save some money. Some products work for some people and some don't. This product did NOT work for me.



CoverGirl TruBlend Whipped Foundation

I am on a mission to find a cheaper version of the Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer but I'm beginning to realize nothing is going to compare.
I found the Covergirl TruBlend Whipped foundation tonight at Rite Aid. It looked light, creamy and beautiful in it's little glass jar. I opened the top and it looked like it might be a winner but than I notice something...the scent smells like a cheap liquid hand soap at a gas station. Yuck. I try and forget about the horrible scent and apply it to my face... this is the biggest mistake I've made since I tried MAC SFF (this mistake may be worse!!). It is so greasy... and greasy is an under statement in my opinion. Coverage leaves a lot to be desired...it's very sheer and in the worst possible way. I had a hard time finding the right color match as well. It's hard when you can't actually see the true color through the glass. It doesn't really blend that well and took a few layers to even look half way decent.

The very worst thing about this product is within 3 hours of putting it on it's completely broken me out. 5 new blemishes in 3 hours. Not only did it break me out it made my whole face feel soooo itchy! I hate this stuff and it's going back tomorrow. Biggest waste of money.

Now I'm off to scrub my itcy face. Get this stuff off of me!!

Have you tried this product? Did this happen to you or did you have any luck?



Doesn't it look pretty? Like beauty goes..it's what's in inside that counts!!


Swatch in the color 420 Creamy natural


Quickly rubbed in...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP