Powered by Blogger.

Mission Foundation

Saturday, September 19, 2009


In the last few months I was really on a mission to try and find the *perfect* foundation. A few times I felt I was really close and then it either broke me out bad or didn't look good in natural lighting.Here are my thoughts on what I've tried so far (or at least the ones I could think of off the top of my head.... yes I do have a problem).


1. MUFE HD Foundation- I adore this foundation. To me...it's pretty close to perfection. It give a very natural finish. You can still see your skin through it yet it covers beautifully. If you are getting your picture taken...WEAR THIS. You will glow. It doesn't really have a scent, didn't break me out, isn't too thick, you only need a pump or two, photographs amazing and the color selection is out of this world! LOVE IT.


2. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk- My first report on this was really good however my thoughts have changed. It broke me out!:( The color selection is not great. I first tried 5.5 and it was too dark and made me orange than I tried 4.5 and 5...and those were too light. It looks great on your skin (at first) but it didn't last all day. Nice foundation but in the end didn't work for me. It's wayy to much money, too.


3. MAC Studio Fix Fluid- I hate this stuff with a passion. It smells horrible....the smell gave me a terrible headache. It broke me out really bad....like cystic acne bad (a common problem with this foundation) It was a tad too thick for me. I don't recommend this stuff.


4. Revlon Colorstay- this is almost a dupe for MAC SFF however it doesn't have a terrible smell, it doesn't clog the pores meaning no break outs for me, and it's only $10! This is a full coverage foundation so I'm not in love with it...I feel it masks my face too much. I do recommend this one, though. Great price, great product (if you like full coverage).


5. Chanel Pro Lumiere- at first I really liked this one... but again it broke my skin out. I wasn't crazy about the scent. It's a med/full coverage foundation and can feel a little oily on the skin. At first I was totally digging it but as soon as I looked at my face in natural lighting... I looked BAD. It set into all my pores and didn't last that long. I'm not a fan. It's a lot of money, too.


6. DIOR Nude- Not a fan *gasp* I think the consistency is kinda weird. It seems a little watery/chunky to me. The coverage was ok but not great. It didn't impress me. This foundation also broke me out.


7- MAC Studio Sculpt-At first this foundation looks amazing on... it goes on smooth because of it's unique gel like formulation. I remember looking in the mirror and thinking "wow". 30 minutes later it looked terrible. It wears off really fast and sets into pours. Yuck. Also, like with most MAC foundations...caused chin break outs. :(


8-Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free- I adore this foundation. For a tinted moisturizer the coverage is really great. It covers all my redness and uneven skin tone. It's perfect for summer and gives a great glow. You still look like you and that's what I love the most!


9-Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (regular)- the oil free version and regular are night and day. The regular version is watery, doesn't cover or go on well and was not worth more than two tries. It went back to the store.


10-Lancome Teint Idole Ultra- this is a really amazing foundation that not many people talk about. It has amazing coverage, long wearing (site says up to 14 hours), it goes on smooth. It really recommend this and really need to spread the word on it because I don't think many woman know how good this foundation is.
So, my final thoughts are MUFE HD is hands down the WINNER!!!
What foundations do you love or hate?
Have a good weekend! MUAH!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP