Powered by Blogger.

POSH Kabuki brush

Thursday, March 11, 2010

This review was requested by one of my YT subscribers a few months ago (I'm sorry for taking so long!!), and instead of a video, I thought I'd do a blog post.

I bought my POSH kabuki at Rexall PharmaPlus for $18.99 CDN (but they go on sale a lot, and I'm sure they're cheaper in the U.S).

Long story short, I love this brush. Definitely my favourite by the brand POSH. Keep reading to find out why.

The brush comes with a handy dandy travel case, which I have used many times. The brush is quite small/compact, but not too small at all. To me, it's the perfect size. The photo below shows its size in comparison to my hand (my hands are on the small side). The handle is the perfect size for my hands.


The bristles are extremely dense, and so so so soft. I'm not sure if they're natural or synthetic, but they feel pretty real. But don't take my word for it. The dome/rounded shape of the brush is perfect for buffing product into the skin, like MSF natural, or blending things out, like a contour shade.

The only downside I've found with this brush is that you need to wash it a lot. I have quite oily skin, and the softness and density of the hairs make the brush pick up oil off of my face every time I use it. So the brush gets a bit oily-feeling after a bit, but is easily fixed with a good washing.  It does take about 24 hours to dry, though.

The first few washes saw some serious shedding, I have to admit. Definitely wash it at least twice before using it on your face, to avoid having to pick off a bunch of hairs and fibers.

The value for this brush is amazing. Under $20, and to me, it feels like the MAC 182 (and I'm an obsessive MAC brush feeler). 

Anything I didn't cover? Let me know!

Thanks!

Chloe xx

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP