Powered by Blogger.

May Favorites!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hey guys!  I'm so sorry this is incredibly late- I had been meaning to post this in video form but filming just wasn't going smoothly.  I'll get a video up soon of something, I promise! :)  And on that note, I'm in the market for a new digital camera that also has HD video (my birthday is in a few months and my parents actually put the idea in my ear as a birthday present idea, haha).  I'm looking into a Canon Powershot or Nikon Coolpix, but I'm still comparing and researching.  If you have any suggestions feel free to share them!  I'd be really appreciative. :)
Anyway, these are my May favorites, better late than never I hope! :)

Clockwise from far left: Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Light, Urban Decay Naked palette, Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer & Natural Glow Express gradual tanners, Epielle Cucumber cleansing tissues, HD contour blush brush, Urban Decay Good Karma eyeshadow brush 


Jergens Natural Glow gradual tanners (see my review HERE for a more in-depth explanation of these)
I've been loving both of these equally with the warmer weather that's here.  I use the Natural Glow Express every few days, and then the Natural Glow daily moisturizer every night to keep the tan.  This is also mainly because I'm almost out of the Express so I don't want to use it quite as much, haha.  But it's also harder to make mistakes this way.  Love these!


Urban Decay Naked eyeshadow palette (see my review HERE for a more in-depth explanation!)
Since I've been on summer vacation I've actually done more looks with pops of color, but I still used this palette off and on since I got it in May.  I love the colors Virgin (a satin cream shade perfect for inner corners) and Sin (a shimmery nude champagne), along with Naked and Buck which are the two matte shades.  


Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Light (left)
This is a great bronzer for contouring, because it looks natural and is matte.  It's a nice tan that doesn't lean too orange, so it doesn't make me look like an oompa-loompa!  The around $3 price tag doesn't hurt, either.  (PS- this is very similar in color, finish, and texture to the NYC bronzing powder in Sunny- I have a bronzer comparison post coming in the next few days, so stay tuned!).

Epielle Cucumber Cleansing Tissues (right)
After hearing rave reviews from both Gianna and Jeweled Thumb about these wipes, I finally found them when I moved back home for the summer.  I've been using this daily since purchasing them and am happy to report they don't break me out.  I still use Ponds cold cream to remove eye makeup, but I love these for face makeup prior to cleansing- and at $1 for 30 wipes the price is perfect.


HD Contour blush brush (see more pictures of this brush & the stippling brush-from the same line- in my post HERE)
This one is from Walmart, and actually doesn't have much for a brand name.  There is a small line of brushes like these with the multi-fibered bristles and they all come in blue packaging.  I also own the powder and duo-fiber stippling brushes, and both of them are incredibly soft and well made.  I love this contoured brush for bronzer specifically, although it works great for blush, too (I've been using my ELF Studio blush brush for that).  

Urban Decay Good Karma eyeshadow brush (bottom)
This is the eyeshadow brush that comes along with the newer Naked palettes, in place of the double-ended 24/7 eyeliner that they used to have.  It's my new go-to for applying lid colors, because it 1) is the perfect size for my eyes, and 2) distributes color evenly.  The bristles are rounded and slightly tapered at the end and almost silky!  And as corny as that sounds, it's accurate- my EcoTools eyeshading brush is soft, but this is a little different.   

Well, those are my favorites!  Thanks for reading, like always.  
xox

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP