Powered by Blogger.

Xen Restored

Tuesday, June 7, 2011


Tanning has never been high on my agenda list. Sadly, I'm one of those "slap it on and hope for the best" merchants. No preparation, no exfoliating, no moisturising. Just me and my hands, applying cheap streaky tan. Which always ends in disaster, streaks and general orangeness. So when I attended the Xen-Tan event a few weeks ago, the lovely Amy encouraged me to tan properly. After seeing her wonderfully even glow, I knew my nasty habit of hoping for the best when I tanned had to stop.

Cue Xen-Tan. Amy kindly let me choose any product from the website I wanted, and since we had discussed the new Perfect Blend tan at the event I thought it would be the best one for me to try out. She also sent me out The Little Book of Tanning, which has great tips on how to make the most of your tan, how to prepare the skin before, how to treat it after and how to tan different parts of your body. At first, this little book overwhelmed me with its mass of information, but it was very easy to follow and really worked. 

Perfect Blend is a mixture of self-tan and shimmer bronzer, meaning that as you apply the product you know which areas you have missed out. It has a handy little dial, which can be changed to have more self tan, more bronzer or an even mixture of both. Application was easy, with no biscuit-type smell, though I did have to use a few layers to achieve the colour I wanted. Most importantly, its natural. Unlike St.Moritz, Fake Bake and other tanners, it's impossible to go orange with Xen-Tan. I applies an even, fresh looking glow that looks real, and doesn't fade in patches. A good few of my friends thought I'd gone away because Xen-Tan has that kind of look, not the fake tan look, but the I've been away one! Result? Oh yes, I think so.

This is the perfect tan if your looking for a natural glow; you will not be horrendously dark, you will not look like your wearing fake tan, you will not have streaks. And it lasts. I have had to top it up jut once throughout the week and one layer every week will be enough to keep it fresh looking. If your more into the 'fake' look, this product is not for you. If you like a beautiful natural olive tone, I would highly recommend it.

You can buy Xen-Tan here, they send to Ireland and if your quick they have a deal on that when you buy Perfect Blend you will receive a free Xen Tan Body Scrub worth £14.99. Delish! Go forth, my friends!

PS. I'm very aware that this is a dreadful photo of me and that I look slightly demented. But hey, I'm tanned!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP