Powered by Blogger.

Cream Blushes- NYX and MAC Lilicent

Monday, January 18, 2010

Cream Blushes- NYX and MAC Lilicent


MAC LILICENT

In December I picked up the MAC Lilicent cream blush and I fell in love with it. I've never been a huge fan of cream blushes. I would apply them with my fingers and it never looked right. My face always felt sticky and greasy. MAC Lilicent change my heart and mind... at least for MAC cream blushes. MAC Lilicent is a beautiful pink peach color.... it gives a very fresh dewy glow to the skin... which I totally adore! It actually is quite pigmented so using a lighter hand might be a good idea. The staying powder of this is really great... it's about the same you would get with a MAC powder blush. I LOVE this color and think it's an amazing hue for any skintone. I am so excited to get my hands on other MAC cream blushes.... next is Ladyblush, me thinks. I use my MAC 188 with it and this brush has made all the difference in my love for this. I love the look this blush creates when used with this brush. I got this for $18.50 from MAC.

NYX Rose Petal, Natural, Boho Chic (click for a better look at the pretty colors)
Since I fell in love with Lilicent... I realised I totally love the look that cream blush gives... so I decided I've give the NYX cream blushes a try seeing as the colors they offer are SO pretty and they are only $7 each.
I have to admit I am kind of disappointed. They are extreamly soft and creamy in texture which in theory sounds nice but it's not. Because they are so soft you have the potential of creating a pretty significant finger dent in the blush if you aren't careful....they kind of mush and smush at the touch.
However, the colors I picked are really pretty. They aren't as pigmented as MAC Lilcent but the pay off is still very nice. They feel kind of sticky on my skin (unlike the MAC) but for $7 I think they are pretty good quality... minus how soft they are. NYX Natural and MAC Lilcent are very close dupes! I will post pictures below.



MAC Lilicent and NYX Natural

As you can see they aren't a perfect match but they are pretty close. NYX Natural is a little brighter pink but as you can see without a flash they look the same!!



My BOHO Chic came with tiny little air pockets in it. As you can see there are little bumps all around the edges... I don't know why it came like that but that's what you get for $7, I guess. I'm not bashing it... it's a lovely color and a GREAT price but you can't expect perfection.

My video on MAC Lilicent and the MAC 188 brush



0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP