Powered by Blogger.

Zooey Deschanel Holiday Party Makeup + I am a big loser

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Hello girls,

I just want to preface this by saying YES, I know I am a huge loserface. This past month has been literally non-stop crazy. I had a huge project going on, and when I wasn't physically working on that, I was thinking about it or planning something to do with it. So Youtube and my blog kind of fell by the wayside. Apologies.
My last class of the semester is Monday morning, and I had nothing to prepare for it, so I decided to take a few requests on Twitter and make a video or two this weekend. I ended up making one makeup tutorial- a Zooey Deschanel look, that would be great for Holiday parties. It's also got a cool, retro vibe to it.

I'm waiting for the video to upload... I had done it all through iMovie earlier today, but all of a sudden iMovie decided it wouldn't enjoy cooperating with me. It told me it had finished uploading and was published. Alas, it had not. I kept going to check on "My Videos" page to see if it would show up, but nope. If Youtube were a person, it would have been giving me a really good "wtf?" face.

Anyway.
Here are some preview photos of the look. As always, much more vibrant in person, and I am (slightly) less awkward in person, too, so it generally looks better... in person! Haha. If you look closely, you'll see a very faint, subtle wing to the eyeliner (I used black eyeshadow and a flat brush to do it!). I noticed Zooey doing this on a few occasions, so I thought it would be an interesting detail to include. It keeps the retro feel, but also makes it modern and not cliche or too crazy!

Red lips are slightly frightening...
A less scary lipstick option... me likey! But my bangs were not cooperating, sadly!

Products used:

Face:
NARS primer
MUFE HD foundation in #110
MAC Studio finish concealer in NW15
Bobbi Brown corrector in Porcelain Bisque
MAC Blot Powder in Light
MAC Tippy blush
NARS Laguna bronzer
MAC Handwritten and Wedge e/s (eyebrows)

Eyes:
UDPP
MAC Mylar e/s (pale beige with slight shimmer)
MAC Wedge e/s (matte medium brown)
Urban Decay Buck e/s (Naked Palette) (Matte darker medium brown)
Annabelle Ebony e/s (Matte black)
MAC Blanc Type e/s (any highlight colour!)
Revlon Colorstay liquid eyeliner in Black
Revlon Grow Luscious mascara in Black
QUO eyelashes and DUO lash glue
NYX jumbo pencil in Milk any white or flesh toned eyeliner for the waterline)

Lips:
Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Blush
or
NYC lipstick in red


Thanks for reading!
xox Chloe

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP