Powered by Blogger.

MAC Cham-pale & Stylishly Yours purchases

Friday, December 31, 2010

Guys, the second I saw promo pictures for the MAC Cham-pale collection I knew I had to indulge.  An entire collection devoted to shimmery, brightening makeup looks?  Totally down my alley.  Since I didn't specifically ask for a lot for Christmas, my mom said she'd buy me a couple of things from Cham-pale.  So when we went to Minneapolis earlier this week I went running for the MAC store.

Edit:  I just realized I kept thinking Too Chic was from Cham-pale, when it's from Stylishly Yours.  *hand to forehead*.  My bad.

I got the I Get No Kick eye kohl from Cham-pale and Too Chic beauty powder from Stylishly Yours.  Love!



I Get No Kick eye kohl ($14.50)


This gorgeous, champagne-colored eyeliner is the one thing I wanted before anything else.  I saw pictures/swatches a couple weeks ago on Temptalia when Christine reviewed the collection, and immediately fell in love.  I can't believe I don't have an eye pencil like this already (seeing as I love anything "champagne"-looking for eyes)!  It's really pretty on my waterline and inner corners to really brighten up my eyes, though.  I've been pairing it with MAC Naked Lunch eyeshadow on my lids- it kind of reminds me of Naked Lunch, just in pencil form. 

Too Chic beauty powder ($22.50)


It was hard for me to get Too Chic to show up in swatches on my skin, but it leaves this really subtle glow on my cheeks- just what I was going for.  I had originally planned on picking out one of the Special Reserve Highlight powders, but they looked pretty frosty, and I've never tried beauty powders before.  I love using this all over my face, and even on my brow bone for a highlight.  

I think the paint pots look interesting from Cham-pale, and I might splurge for either Chez Chez Lame or Rose Ole highlight powders (even at $28 each... ouch!).  I'm also considering testing out some more of the Stylishly Yours collection, because those cream color bases look gorgeous!  Christine (Temptalia) did say in a comment thread that MAC has like 10 or so collections coming out by May, though, so I should really hide my wallet.  

Have you guys indulged in either of these collections?  
Oh!  Also, quick question: I have that $25 Sephora gift card I got for Christmas burning a hole in my pocket.  I went there today and looked around, but there are just so many things I want that I can't decide what to get.  I was thinking about a Nars blush, maybe Oasis?  But anyway, if you guys have any suggestions of products you swear by that you think I should look into, it would help me so much!  I'm fine with anything up to like $35.  Thank you!
(Other things I was thinking about- UDPP, some kind of matte or subtly shimmery bronzer, a Benefit boxed powder or something else from Benefit, Makeup For Ever Aqua Eyes liner- ahh, I can't decide!)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP