Powered by Blogger.

Overview: MAC Paintpots

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hi Girls!!

I thought I'd start a mini-series, where I go over my collection of certain products... products that I have a few of, but not quite enough to warrant a full YT video!

The first product is MAC's paintpot! As you can see in the photos, I have 5 of them: Painterly, Girl Friendly, Bare Study, Constructivist, and Moss Scape.


Painterly, Girl Friendly, Bare Study, Constructivist, Moss Scape


Painterly, Girl Friendly, Bare study

Constructivist, Moss Scape






You can't really tell from the photos, but I've made quite a dent in my Painterly! My second most-used is Constructivist, while the others don't see quite as much use. Don't get me wrong, I love them all, but I'm most often doing neutral/brown looks, so those work best!


Painterly, Girl Friendly, Bare Study, Constructivist, Moss Scape

The main thing I like about Paintpots is their staying power. For full-day makeup, I still need UDPP, but if I'm only going to be out for a few hours, this is much more convenient, and easier to remove. I have pretty oily lids though, so if you have drier ones, they may stay all day!

What I also like, obviously, is that they provide a nice base for whatever eyeshadow I'm putting on. They make blending a lot easier, and they're sheer enough so that they enhance the colour of the eyeshadows, but they don't create a new colour. Some people may see this as a negative though, that they're not very vibrant. I'm very happy with their subtlety, though :)

Also a note on how long these babies last. I've had Painterly for two years, and it's still kicking. I always use a clean finger or brush to apply (usually a finger though!), and it has yet to change colour, consistency, or smell funny! I got Constructivist and Moss Scape at CCOs, and they're still going strong too. I had been cautioned against buying that type of thing at CCOs, but these have been totally fine! I store them all upside down... that keeps them from drying out, because gravity brings the moisture to the "top" of the product if it's upside down. Therefore... the whole product gets some moisture!

Next on my list are Rubenesque and Indianwood!

xox
Chloe

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP