Powered by Blogger.

Chloe loves bronzer?!

Friday, December 10, 2010

Hi girls!

So I'll admit right now... I'm a convert. I am now proud to say that I love bronzer.

What has brought on this monumental change, you may ask?

I finally broke down and got a decent bronzer (not, um, "inexpensive" like my Jane one).

Specifically, NARS Laguna bronzer.


I'll admit that the only reason I finally got this was because it was for free. Yes, free. Here in Canada, we have a lovely place called Shoppers Drug Mart, where you collect Optimum points. Once you get a boat-load of points (which is quite frequent for me and my mum, since Shoppers sells a lot of essentials!!), you can use the points as money. So, my mum and I had collected $170 worth of points. Shoppers has an off-shoot store called Murale which is strictly beauty, and you can use Optimum points there, so... we each got a few things (didn't use up ALL the points, though!).

So, my point is that Murale carries NARS, and I got this, and the NARS face primer.

NARS Laguna Bronzer... Oh wow. I never thought bronzers could be like this. But really my only other experience with bronzer was my Jane bronzer that was $5 (I use it in some of my videos, if you're interested in seeing it. Yuck.).

I was a little bit hesitant, because it seemed like this was one of those "trend" products that was being pushed on YT.

I was so wrong.

This bronzer is incredible. It's no secret that I am the palest person I know. So bronzer has always intimidated me a little. But using this, my face has NEVER looked "dirty", and I absolutely love the way the shade looks on my face and skin.


I think what is so flattering about this bronzer, on my skin at least, is the fact that it's brown, and not yellow-ish. It's straight-up brown/goldy, and it adds warmth to my skin without looking crazy. Yellow looks crazy against cool-toned skin. This looks perfect.

I use my big fluffy powder brush from POSH to apply this, and I love the application and coverage that gives. I sweep it into my cheek contours, then up onto my temples, then under the jawline, and blend everything out, all with the same brush. This has become my contour- I don't think I've used my MAC bone beige/emphasize duo since I bought this. Obviously there's always a time and place for contouring without the "bronze" effect, but since it's winter, I'll take all the warmth I can get!

There is a little bit of a sparkle to it in the pan, but I don't even notice it when it's on. I know shimmer can be a little off-putting to most people when they're considering a bronzer, but with this, there's nothing to worry about.

I can't believe I'm a daily bronzer-user now. Oh my, how the times have changed!!

xox Chloe

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP