Powered by Blogger.

I have ELF to thank for my current favorite blush combination!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I have a love/hate relationship with blush.  Sometimes I absolutely love it and can't get enough of it, and other times I think it makes my face look overdone; it really depends on the day and how the rest of my makeup turns out.  The last few weeks I've been reacquainting myself with my blush collection and wearing it almost every day.
The idea of layering or mixing blushes is totally new to me, though.  I hear about other girls doing it all the time, but it's something I've never tried for one reason or another.  Well, I ended up layering a couple today and I'm loving the way it turned out!  I can already see myself wearing this combination a lot more in the near future.
The two I'm talking about are ELF's Studio blush in Pink Passion, and the blush side of ELF's Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder:



Left to right: Pink Passion, Contouring blush, and both mixed together

Since Pink Passion is matte and the contouring blush is a sparkly peachy-pink, the textures layer really nicely.  The result is a glow-y, soft yet vibrant peach with enough pink so it doesn't run orange on me.  I love the brightness it gets from Pink Passion, and it's subdued enough for daytime looks. 
Kind of a strange combination when you look at both of them individually, but I think they mix really nicely!

Do you have any favorite blush combinations?  

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP