Powered by Blogger.

NOTD: Sephora by OPI Havana Dreams

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Today's NOTD is brought to you in part by my roommate!  She loves OPI, and the other night when we were at Sephora she picked up Metro Chic and this little gem, Havana Dreams.  Remember when it was first released in the 'Havana Nights' collection last summer?  I loved it then, but didn't have a Sephora within range of me and I was pretty bummed thinking it was limited edition.  With all the hype surrounding light blue nail polish since then, my craving has been somewhat satisfied- I purchased Hard Candy Sky back in January when I had a Walmart nearby.  I left it at home on accident when I came back from break, though, and light blue is such a cute color for spring!  Sky is definitely different from Havana Dreams in that it is lighter and has the slightest bit of shimmer, but I wouldn't have known had my roommate not purchased the OPI.  So thanks girl, and for letting me borrow this color.  ;)  (She doesn't even read my blog, haha; I'm not sure why I'm addressing her.)




Havana Dreams is a pretty sky blue creme.  Like I said above, compared to Hard Candy Sky it is a little deeper in color and a creme rather than shimmer.  This manicure was done using three coats, although it would have been fine with two (For me anyway).  I've never tried Sephora by OPI polishes before, but the consistency of this one reminds me slightly of Revlon's- on the thinner side but not problematic.  I'm guessing it depends on the color for how opaque it will be, like most polishes, and I wasn't surprised that this sky blue took three coats.  

Do any of you own this polish, or any other popular sky blues like it?  What about Sephora by OPI?  

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP