Powered by Blogger.

Chanel Vitalumiere... my newest love

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I have to admit I haven't been a huge fan of Chanel foundations in the past. I've done reviews on them in the past and it was always "It looks amazing at first but after two hours it looked terrible". I have tried the Chanel Pro Lumiere and the Chanel Teint Innocence and both were just ok. I've given the Vitalumiere a chance and I stand wowed. This is by far their best foundation. They have recently reformulated it and whatever they did it is working. Well done on their part. The old formula was nice but it was so dewy that your face felt really moist all day and it would rub off on whatever your face touched. The new formulation still has the dewy factor but it's more of a matte dewy if that makes sense. It doesn't make my face feel moist all day and I'm glad but that's kind of a weird feeling.
The Vitalumiere is great for people who have dry skin and don't need a lot of coverage. The sales guy told me that this foundation is medium to full and I don't think he really had a clue what he was talking about. This is most definitely a light to medium coverage foundation. It really does cover well and gives a very flawless finish but it's lighter in coverage so you WILL need your concealer if you have any extra redness or blemishes you want to conceal.
Over all I am sooooo happy and impressed with this foundation. It lasts a good 6 hours on my face which is amazing compared to the other Chanel foundations I've tried in the past. I love the finish and the dewy glow it gives. This is the only foundation that I've ever used that I like to use a brush with rather than my fingers. I think using a foundation brush (I use the Sigma ss 190) with the Vitalumiere will make it look much more flawless then just using your fingers.
I tried the colors Beige #2 and Shell (or Cendre) but the color that works best for me is the Soft Bisque 2.5.
Well done on the new formulation, Chanel. It's about time companies start listening to their consumers and change things in a GOOD way.

$54 wherever Chanel is sold.




As you can see rubbed in it gives a very nice dewy "glowy" look. 



This is what the finish looks like... well, at least on half of my face. :) I didn't like the full picture. ha ha






0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP