Powered by Blogger.

Easy Prom Makeup for Beginners!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Hey Ladies,

A quick post about Prom! I'll be uploading the look I wore to my prom (3 years ago!!) very shortly, but I thought I'd put some photos and extra info up on my blog.

My prom was in June, and I wore a bright orange strapless dress and it was FABULOUS. I decided to have a more subtle look- and I really wasn't that capable of doing anything more dramatic!

Here are some photos of the look I'll be posting:


So, like I said, super easy, and great for beginners. It's slightly smokey, but not overly dramatic. And not very hard to do! I used mostly MAC in the video because that's what I used for prom, but I've added colour descriptions so you can use products you already have!

Products used:


Eyes:
UDPP (a good base is a MUST or else your shadow will crease like crazy! Prom can get sweaty!)
MAC Painterly PP (Nude cream base)
MAC Blanc Type (matte off-white)
MAC Naked Lunch (shimmery pinky gold)
MAC Trax (Smokey mid-tone purple with gold flecks)

MAC eyeliner in Prunella (dark plum)
NYC black eyeliner
CoverGirl LashBlast Length

Annabelle eyebrow pencil in Taupe

LIPS:
Sephora lip pencil in 114 (any nude colour)
MAC Angel lipstick (medium pink, use anything that's close to your natural lipcolour)
MAC lustreglass in Love Nectar (a nude-ish pink lipgloss that can be used for touch ups, and doesn't require a mirror for re-applying!)


FACE:
-Sephora Anti-Shine Primer (definitely use a face primer, even if it's just the Monistat chafing stuff that some girls use. Loads of photos are going to be taken, and shiny faces aren't hot!)

-Marcelle Matte foundation in Ivory (Use a fuller-coverage foundation, again for the photos! If you don't have one, just layer your regular foundation a few times to get a fuller coverage.)

- Sephora eye brightener (pinky shimmer for hiding undereye circles!)

- MAC MSF Natural in Light

-MAC cremeblend blush in So Sweet, So Easy and powder blush in Cute (layer a powder blush on top of a cream blush for more staying power!)

-MAC MSF in Perfect Topping (used as a highlight on cheekbones)

-Coastal Scents Silica Powder (used as a setting powder in the T-Zone- Don't use it all over your face though, and go over it with a skin-coloured powder.)



Thanks for reading, and if you have any specific questions about the post, don't hesitate to ask!

xox Chloe

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP