Powered by Blogger.

Mini Drugstore Haul

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hey ladies,

I bought a few things at the drugstore today!

I bought 5 items, only one of which I was actually looking to purchase!! Haha bad Chloe!

Let's start with the NYX eyeshadows. I went to PharmaPlus (Rexall is the only drugstore chain that sells NYX in Canada I think) to get either Iced Mocha or Root Beer single eyeshadow for a drugstore Carrie Underwood tutorial I'm planning. Apparently those two shades are passable dupes for MAC's Satin Taupe. They didn't have Root Beer, so by default I got Iced Mocha... and on the same row there was a gorgeous shade called Eucalyptus, and I held them up together and.. well I'll be using both of these shades for my tutorial now :P

Iced Mocha (left), Eucalyptus (right)

Eucalyptus (left), Iced Mocha (right)

MAC Satin Taupe (left), NYX Iced Mocha (left)

So Iced Mocha isn't an exact match for Satin Taupe, but it'll definitely do the trick (these photos are with a flash, so it looks a bit different IRL). It has the same dark brown shimmery glow to it.

Next... the NYC blushable creme stick. These are new in Canada, and I don't know how long they have existed elsewhere. The one I got is in the shade "Big Apple Blush". I was impressed with the variety of colours, except that there only seemed to be 2 pinks, while the rest were bronzy or dark brown hues. Maybe it was just the selection at my drugstore?

Anyway. I have yet to try this on my cheeks, but on my hand it is very pigmented and VERY easy to blend. 



Now BonneBell's LipLUSHous plumping gloss in Vanilla Smooch. Very creamy and feels nice on the lips. You need to put a LOT on to feel the "plumping tingle" though. Smells yummy too!


And I got some Revlon eyelashes as well in 91155 Intensifying. I only got them because Revlon lashes and stuff were 30% off... and I had to remind the cashier that it was on sale!!  Always look at the checkout screen thing, ladies! Sometimes sales don't show up! 

Questions? Comments? Lemme know! 

Love you all!

xoxo Chloe

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP