Powered by Blogger.

My February favorites

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I seriously cannot believe it's March already.  Wasn't it just Christmas?  I was talking to my mom on the phone the other day, and she made a comment about me having only about two more months of school left (I was venting, lol), and I'm still wondering where the time has gone!  It's crazy.
OK, so tell me if this rings a bell with any of you.  Some months I feel like I really experiment and use a wide variety of products in my collection, and some months I gravitate towards a select few.  February was like the last kind- the following were basically the only items I kept in my everyday makeup bag and I didn't really "branch out" from them.  



MAC Too Chic beauty powder- This is from the Stylishly Yours collection- I used it a little right after purchasing, but then I really fell out of my love affair of highlighters.  Well, it's come back in full force!  I love that this gives my cheeks more of a sheen rather than a glittery/shimmery highlight (I don't prefer shimmery cheeks on myself, unless it's a special occasion).  

Jane blush in Blushing Earth Sheer- This fell to the bottom of my blush drawer, but my recent preoccupation with peach blushes has made me look at it again.  It's shimmery, but on the high points of my cheeks it's really flattering and natural. 

ELF Essentials Tinted Moisturizer in light beige- This is depotted because the squeeze tube mine came in started leaking.  I haven't tried many tinted moisturizers, but I love this one for its price and coverage.  It's $1, and it has enough pigmentation to cover minor spots and redness.  Topped with powder, it's easy and quick.


Wet n Wild Comfort Zone eyeshadow palette- Do I need to explain my love for this more?  See my posts here and here (the second link for my EOTDs with it) to read why I used this probably every other day since I bought it.

Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin- This is the perfect eyeshadow primer to enhance eyeshadows and make them shimmery.  It has the same lasting power as the original version (for me), but the champagne color makes my eyeshadows to another level.  Love it especially for nights out or special occasions.

MAC Impeccable Brow Pencil in Taupe- Sorry my picture makes this and the eyeliner below it look so dark!  That's my fault- and my poor photography skills.  My roommate, a photo major, would be shaking her head at me for this!  Anyway, I'm not too experienced with brow products, but this is one of those universally-flattering colors that looks natural.  The pencil form makes it easy to apply and control.  You'll see in the swatch below that it's not really pigmented, making it hard to overdo.

Victoria's Secret eyeliner in Dark Brown- This eyeliner, like the other one I own in Dark Forest, is beautiful, long-lasting, easy to apply, and comes with a smudge tip that helps with that "winged" look.  For $10, I think this would seriously rival some of the high-end long-lasting eyeliners in stores right now.

That's it for my February favorites!  Any of these that you've been loving, too?  I'd love to know! :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP