Powered by Blogger.

Two EOTDs and what I've been up to (outside of makeup!)

Saturday, March 5, 2011

....And the neutral eye looks continue!  As most of you probably can tell, I rarely do vibrant/dramatic looks.  The last several EOTDs I've posted here have been exceptionally neutral because I've just been taking pictures of my everyday looks.  My goal has been to post more EOTDs on my blog, so this is the easiest way I can do that (I don't have the time anymore to experiment like I used to).  I still think you can have a lot of variety and fun with neutrals, though.  I hope you can see that a little in my EOTDs this week!
What are you guys up to this weekend?  Today I'm hanging out with my boyfriend until his concert tonight.  He's practicing his upright bass right next to me as we speak ;).  I'll go back home later tonight, and then tomorrow is my homework day.  I gave myself a much-needed 'break' from homework the last few days (the only time I've been able to afford it!), but now it's time to get back into gear.  Yay... haha.
Anyway, I'll stop talking and get to my EOTDs. 

Look #1- Pinks with a pop of brown

-Urban Decay Primer Potion original
-Coastal Scents 88 Matte palette- light carnation pink, light lilac, creamy beige, and medium brown shades
-ELF mineral eyeshadow in Sweet (shimmery peachy pink)
-Wet n Wild Lust palette- dark shimmery purple-black (eyeshadow used as upper eyeliner)
-Neutrogena nourishing eyeliner in Plum Drop
-L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara in Black

Look #2- shimmering neutrals with subtle purple

-Urban Decay Primer Potion original
-Victoria's Secret eyeshadow in Luxe
-Victoria's Secret eyeshadow in Coco
-Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette- shimmery cream highlight shade
-Wet n Wild Vanity palette- matte cream beige shade
-Wet n Wild ColorIcon eyeliner in Amethyst
-Mac Eye Kohl in I Get No Kick
-L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara in Black


The last few weeks I've made small mentions of how busy my schedule is, AKA my excuses for not being able to blog as much.  Well, I just finished my first big project for my fundamentals of fashion design class, which was taking up the majority of my physical and emotional energy.  My workload is more stressful and involved than anything I've ever done before (and I want to scream half the time- the other night I had a minor mental breakdown, but it's better now!), but it's also incredibly exciting.  This got me thinking that it might be fun to share with you guys a little of what I've been up to in my classes.  



First up, this is the project for my fundamentals of fashion design class I mentioned above.  The idea behind it was to reflect the four elements of fashion design- color, line, texture, and shape. 


(I took these before I finished, so I don't have the fourth board pictured, whoops!)




This next picture is what I'm working on for my garment construction class- we're making shorts!  These are just two darts we're going to be using in the shorts (I'm actually farther on making them now, I just forgot to snap pictures.  Maybe when I'm done I'll post about them, if they turn out haha).  It's really an awesome learning experience- I actually feel like I'm learning as opposed to sitting at a desk and taking notes and forgetting everything later.  I mean... that doesn't ever happen. ;)


Thanks for allowing me to share these with you guys! 
Hope you all have a great weekend.  <3

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP