Powered by Blogger.

While I Love My Make Up...

Thursday, March 3, 2011



I love my dogs more...

Like the saddo I am, last night I ended up watching Legally Blonde 2 (absolute disaster of a film) on the television. This morning while doing my college essay I began thinking about today's post. Animal Testing. Anyone will tell you that I'm against wearing fur, but strangely animal testing in regards to cosmetic companies was never something I paid attention to. I would never buy a make up product knowing it was tested on animals - BUT - being the slight makeup snob that I am, I was under the insane and inaccurate belief that because the products I buy are more high end, no animal testing would be carried out to produce them.

Fail, Julie.

After doing a small amount of research on the subject (my poor college essay!), and watching some really disturbing videos about the treatment of animals being tested on, I thought I'd share with you some of the information I found out. There's little point in debating the pros and cons of it, as in my eyes its just wrong. Pixiwoo have a list of companies that don't test on animals in full here, and those that are safe include MAC, Nars, MUFE, Eyeko, Beauté, Laura Mercier, Urban Decay, Sleek, Estee Lauder and Illamasqua. Phew! Thank God, if they tested on animals most of my make up would be in the bin.

Those that are ambiguous in their animal cruelty policy include L'Oreal, D&G, Max Factor, Rimmel and Benefit. As much as I loved my Benefit foundation and was ready to repurchase, I definitely won't be doing so now. As for the others they've been removed from my make up drawer. For a list of all the companies that DO NOT test on animals click here. While I love make up and the little collection I have going on, not at the cost of an animals life. This time the price of beauty is too high.

Image courtesy of weheartit

What do you think about animal testing? Do you knowingly use products tested on animals?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP