Powered by Blogger.

200th post (!) and swatches/EOTD

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Guys, this is my 200th post and I have to make it a little sappy- I'm so stinking happy to have made it to 200!  Even though I blog and do all this stuff because I love it, it really helps to have such kind readers.  It keeps me motivated and buying makeup (Like when I'm at CVS and don't necessarily need anything but "it's for the BLOG!").  ;)
So I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you all who continue to support/encourage me by reading and following.  I appreciate every comment I get, every new follower I get, and so on.  I'm so honored to be a part of this amazing community of bloggers.

Now, the other half of this post I wanted to dedicate to the swatches for yesterday's "haul".  I would have done them yesterday as a part of that post, but my roommate was around and I just didn't get any time to myself.  This way I can also incorporate an EOTD, as well.  :)

Maybelline Time For Wine eyeshadow quad, Prestige Strong Slate Total Intensity eyeliner, NYX Milk JEP
Yesterday I mentioned that each of the Maybelline quads vary in terms of pigmentation.  Unfortunately, this is one that is very light and harder in consistency.  The colors are SO PRETTY which is where it kills me!  However, looking through my eyeshadow stash I found a Maybelline dupe of the 'outer corner' shade, which is the eyeshadow swatch on the far right (in the picture above).  If you remember the limited edition "Diamonds" collection earlier this summer, the eyeshadow duo in Amethyst Duo has a purple that is virtually the same, just softer in texture (and thus more pigmented).  I posted about that HERE.
Moving on...
A close-up of Strong Slate and Milk (unblended)
ULTA doesn't have testers for the majority of their eyeliners, and the packaging of these Prestige Total Intensity eyeliners makes it so you can't see the pencil tip.  I had no idea this was going to be a metallic-y sort of gray color, which was a little disappointing for me.  However, I do still love the formula and I don't have any other "slate" eyeliners.  I also plan on going back to repurchase another color, so I'll be looking up swatches!

Now onto my quick EOTD.  This was inspired by yesterday, actually, when I woke up late for class and had to run without any makeup on.  People told me countless times how tired I was.  Today, even though I got plenty of sleep, I decided to do a "brightening" eye look.  I began with it just neutral and ended up adding the purple to my outer v because it needed something extra.
This is using the Prestige liner, BTW.




I love how the white eyeshadow brightens up my eyes; I finally look awake!

What I used:
- VS Pro eyeshadow primer
- NYX JEP Milk
- NYX Champagne & Caviar palette, shimmery light taupe
- Wet 'n' Wild Greed palette, light shimmery grey
- NYX Ultra Pearl Mania eyeshadow White Pearl
- Prestige Total Intensity eyeliner Strong Slate
- Fresh Supernova mascara

Thanks for reading everyone- hope you're all having a nice night.  :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP