Powered by Blogger.

Beauty Bargain Shopping

Monday, September 27, 2010

With the economy still struggling, I think most of us can agree that there is less money these days for anything that isn’t a necessity and as much as I love to shop for makeup, even I can admit that I probably don’t need 15 different shades of blush or 8 different foundations.  Since I know I would be terribly sad if I had to stop buying makeup altogether, I have tried to be smart about the way I shop for makeup so I can get the most for my money and I’d like to share my tips with you.

1. Keep an eye out on sales or coupons.  If I’m looking to buy a particular product or brand, I’ll check the weekly ads for Walgreens, CVS, and ULTA to see if they happen to go on sale.  These stores often have buy 1 get 1 for 50% off sales or even 40% or 50% off certain brands or coupons.
2. Sometimes discount stores like Big Lots have popular items name brands like Covergirl or NYX that were overstocked or have special packaging.  For example, sometimes when stores do a mascara and eyeliner packaged together, the stores don’t sell them all so they sell the extras to Big Lots.
3. The same sort of thing happens with the Dollar Tree, except they usually sell discontinued colors or discontinued items.  They also sell some regular items from less known brands that are still decent quality.

These items are always $3.00 or less.
4. Then there are brands that are always inexpensive, such as wet n wild, e.l.f., and N.Y.C.  These brands may not have a high price tag but they are still good quality and you can find some wonderful things from each that may end up being your favorites.  The photo to the right shows 9 products that are amazing quality, yet always $3.00 or less.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP