Powered by Blogger.

Harmon shopping!

Thursday, September 23, 2010


I went to Harmon yesterday on a whim and came out with some great deals! Harmon is a discount drugstore owned by the Bed Bath & Beyond company, which so far only has stores in the CT, NY and NJ area. It's been around here forever and it's one of my favorite places to shop - they are as cheap as mass retailers but have lots of stuff other places don't have!

And as a bonus, they take Bed Bath & Beyond coupons! BB&B sends out coupons by the billions, and my grandma collects them and gives me stacks all the time. They regularly distribute 20% off one item, and $5 off a $15 purchase coupons. They have expiration dates, but no store around here cares if they're expired so you can save them forever. You can use one 20% off per item you buy, and you can stack with manufacturer's coupons!

So, on to my haul!

My biggest surprise was to find that the Secret Soothing Effects deodorant (my favorite kind), regularly priced at $6.99 was on sale for $2.99!! I've never seen it priced so low anywhere, so two of those went in my cart.

Goodstuff Organics, a new sub-brand of Freeman products, had an in-flier coupon for $1.50 any item. I just started using their moisturizer and love it, and found there's a new revitalizing face mask! So I had to try it.

They had the new Lipsmacker naturals lip balm, which Target carries for cheaper, but they don't sell the vanilla flavor. I also had a printable $1 off coupon from their website, so I grabbed one of those.

I also found a bottle of pure glycerin, which is supposedly a great moisturizer. I thought I'd try it to do some DIY skincare or just apply it directly - I read somewhere that it does wonderful things to dry lips.

So I had a $1 off Lipsmacker coupon, the $1.50 flier coupon, and a $5 off $15 coupon (which is better than 20% off if you're spending more than $15 or less than $30). The $5 off coupon evenly distributed across the items on the receipt, except the Goodstuff because I used the $1.50 off Harmon coupon (only one store coupon per item).

So my receipt looked like this:

Secret Deo $6.99 - $4.00 - $1.43 = $1.56
Secret Deo $6.99 - $4.00 - $1.43 = $1.56 
Goodstuff mask $6.99 - $1.50 = $5.49
Glycerin $3.49 - $1.67 = $1.82
Lipsmacker $1.99 - $1.00 - $0.47 = $0.52!

The total before sales and coupons would be $26.45, but I spent only $10.95!

The Secret Deo price cut remains active until September 30th, so get it while you can!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP