Powered by Blogger.

Review: Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliners

Monday, September 20, 2010

Now that I have two of these Maybelline Unstoppable eyeliners (I purchased Sapphire yesterday at Walgreens), I figured I should tell you guys what I think of them.  And Maybelline is also 40% off at Walgreens this week so it's the perfect time to try them if you've been wanting to yourself!  The first one I got (Jade) was one of those "on a whim" buys- it was on rollback at Walmart a few months ago and I decided to try it.  I've been pleasantly surprised by both colors I own!


(Top: Maybelline Unstoppable eyeliner in Sapphire, Bottom: Jade)
What it is:  From Maybelline.com- "Waterproof liner glides on to define your eyes effortlessly for ultra-smooth application."

Essentially this is a waterproof, smudge-proof, retractable eyeliner designed to stay put wherever you apply it.  Hence the name, "unstoppable!"

Price: Retail $6.99 at Walgreens, but are currently 40% off.

(Left: Sapphire, Right: Jade)
If you've noticed in my more recent reviews, I do eyeliners a little differently.  I include a section for "formula" and another for "wear/quality", because I feel like these are the two most important criteria for eyeliners.

Formula:  These aren't for anyone who requires a "creamy" eyeliner.  In comparison to my Mary Kay eyeliner they are harder, but warming them up on the back of my hand helps alleviate this issue.  I do wish they were creamier, however they don't tug on my eyelid.  

Wear/quality:  This is where these eyeliners excel, in my opinion.  I can apply one in the morning and have it last all night.  Today, for example, I took a shower in the evening and it even stayed through that.    And despite being "smudge-proof", you can still get that smudged look as long as you work quickly.  My favorite way to wear these is applying a thick line to my upper lashline, then smudging it out and then going along my bare lower lash line with the color left on the smudger.  I've never tried them on my waterline (I don't line my waterline), but on the upper and lower lashlines they really work well.

Swatches:
(Left: Sapphire, Right: Jade)

Swatch after lightly rubbing my finger back and forth:
(Sorry for the blurry-ness!  I didn't realize it until uploading the picture)

You can see that after rubbing my finger back and forth the swatches do lighten up a bit, but on my eyelid the color really stays put.  I also only waited about 20 seconds before doing the test.  They still maintain their brightness, though, and hardly smudge.

Here's a picture of a look I did yesterday using Sapphire:
(Click to enlarge)
Pros:
- Affordable and easily accessible
- 6 colors to choose from
- Long-lasting formula that you can work with
- Retractable liner (In my opinion this is a pro- you don't have to sharpen it like you do a standard pencil!)

Cons:
- Not very creamy, requires 'warming up'

Overall, I really love these.  I might have to pick up one in the color Pewter- I've been really wanting a grey eyeliner! 

What are your thoughts of these eyeliners?  Have you tried them? 
:)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP