Powered by Blogger.

Bargain Alert: Dollar Tree

Monday, September 20, 2010

One dollar makeup???  Many of you are probably thinking the same thing I used to.  ‘Ew!  Dollar store makeup?  Yuck!’  That was before I gave inexpensive makeup a chance!  This summer I was on the lookout to try a cream to powder foundation for the first time, but I didn’t want to spend much in case I didn’t like it.  At the Dollar Tree, I found more than I bargained for and learned a thing or two.  In addition to the normal inexpensive makeup, Dollar Tree also occassionally sells discontinued items that companies need to get rid of quick, as well as discontinued shades or packaging that have changed.  Here’s what I found:

1. L.A.Colors Expressions  12-Color Eyeshadow Pallette in Traditional (a regular item at Dollar Tree, also available at cherryculture.com)
2. Sally Hansen Lipstick in Hint of Desire
3. L.A. Colors Expressions 6-color Eyeshadow Pallette in Dreamy (a regular item at Dollar Tree and cherryculture.com)
4. N.Y.C. Ultra Moist Lip Wear in Cameo (a discontinued shade of beautiful peach coral)
5. L.A. Colors Expressions 6-color Eyeshadow Pallette in Sweet Pleasure (a regular item at Dollar Tree and cherryculture.com)
6. L.A. Colors All-N-One Lipstick, Blush, and Eyeshadow in Pink Satin (a regular item at Dollar Tree)
7. L.A.Colors Expressions  12-Color Eyeshadow Pallette in Trendy (a regular item at Dollar Tree, also available at cherryculture.com)
8. N.Y.C. Crème to Powder Foundation in Ivory Beige (a discontinued item)
9. Maybelline Mineral Power Naturally Luminous Blush in Simply Coral (discontinued shade)
10. e.l.f. Brightening Eye Color Eye Shadow in Matte Mauve (a regular item from eyeslipsface.com)
11. Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow in Champagne Freeze (company changed packaging and discontinued shade)

Just remember that sometimes dollar items are hit and miss and that sometimes items are discontinued in the first place because they weren’t very popular.  Personally, for only $1 a piece, I’m willing to take the chance!  If I don’t like it, someone else I know might!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP