Powered by Blogger.

August Favorites

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Can you guys believe August is over already?  It seems like it came and went way too fast!
I stopped doing my Wednesday Weekly Favorites awhile ago because I wasn't buying new makeup as often, so this month I feel like I actually have something worth sharing.  I've talked about most of these products at some point before, but now I've gotten a chance to really use them on a regular basis.



1.  Maybelline Mineral Power powder foundation in Light #2- I think I've declared my love for this foundation before on this blog, but I've fallen head over heels for it all over again!  It's a perfect match for my skin (The closest I've found in my foundation experiences, anyway), and it's super quick to apply.  You just swirl your brush in it, tap it off, and buff it into your skin.  No effort required.

2.  MAC Retrospeck eyeshadow- This is a really pretty, really sparkly light nude-gold eyeshadow.  MAC describes it as "bleached blonde" which is a great description IMO.  I love this as an all-over wash of color on the lid.  

3.  Wet 'n' Wild new Color Icon eyeliners in Amethyst, Purple, and Olive- I didn't like these at first- they smudged and disappeared when I tested them just by themselves on my eyes.  I guess I needed to try them with a full eye look, because when I use them now they're really nice.  The colors are stunning, and the formula is creamy and just overall so much better than the old one.

4.  ELF Eye Definer brush- I've been using eyeshadow as eyeliner a lot lately, and I love using this for it.  It makes a nice thicker line, and it's easy to blend the eyeshadow up into the outer corner.

5.  EcoTools Bamboo Bronzer brush- I raved about this in my review of my other EcoTools brushes, and I still love it just as much!  I sometimes end up using this for all my face makeup- my Maybelline powder foundation, my blush, and bronzer.  It leaves a really light finish, and the bristles are buttery smooth.

(Top- MAC Retrospeck; Bottom- Wet 'n' Wild eyeliners, Amethyst, Purple, Olive)

Do you guys have any of these?  Have you had a different experience?  Let me know!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP