Powered by Blogger.

Review: Rimmel Spark It Up! eyeliners

Monday, September 6, 2010

I've had these eyeliners for quite awhile now, but for some reason I didn't get around to reviewing them.  I meant to sooner, though, because I used to use them frequently in EOTDs and other "favorites" posts.


These are called "gleaming eye darkening liners", and have noticeable amounts of shimmer in them.  

Price: $4.99 at Walgreens
Availability: In most drugstores- anywhere that sells Rimmel.

(Black Gold, Tiger's Eye, Peridot)
I apologize for not being able to sharpen these for pictures!  I know I brought my pencil sharpener along with me to college, but I can't seem to find it right now.  I've been using mostly retractable eyeliners so I haven't had to use it yet.

I have these in the following colors:
Black Gold: An antiqued olive that shows up darker and less "olive" on your eyes
Tiger's Eye: A bronzed brown
Peridot: A darkened green
They also come in Ultraviolet (purple) and Lapis (blue).

Swatches:
(Top: Peridot, Middle: Black Gold, Bottom: Tiger's Eye)

Formula: These eyeliners apply very smooth and evenly.  They are creamy, so they won't tug and pull at your eyelids.  They are definitely shimmery, but not "glittery"- there aren't chunks of glitter or anything like that.  I'm thinking that's why they still apply smoothly.

Swatches after lightly rubbing back and forth:

Wear/quality: They actually wear quite a bit better than they appear to in the above picture, however they aren't completely budge-proof by any means.  After lightly rubbing my finger across the swatches they smear a little, but on my upper lash line (where I usually wear these), I get a good 7-10 hours wear.  This is with a good primer underneath and no crying or touching of my eyes.  They aren't waterproof so my guess is that they wouldn't stand up to any wetness.  

The colors are beautiful, though, which is half the reason I drag these out again and again.  Black Gold is maybe my favorite olive-colored eyeliner that I own.  I absolutely love olive eyeliners, but they usually aren't dark enough or are too green.  This one is muted and dark enough for me. 

Pros:
-Pretty colors (5 in all)
-Average lasting power
-Easy application/creamy consistency
-Affordable

Cons:
-Not waterproof/won't hold up to a lot of wear and tear
-Shimmery; if you don't like shimmer in your eyeliner I wouldn't recommend these!

Have you tried these eyeliners?  Did you like them, hate them?  
<3


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP