Powered by Blogger.

I'm still alive! Things I'm loving lately

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hi everyone!  I cannot apologize enough for my lack of posting lately.  I've been so swept up with school and friends, and I also lost a lot of my interest in makeup/experimenting with it.  I think when other things comes up, it really takes a backseat to what's important.
When I went home for Thanksgiving, though, my spark was ignited (my problem then was that I forgot my camera)- I wanted to buy makeup and actually try out different looks again.  So I know when I'm home for Christmas break I'll get back into posting more frequently.  I have a solid five weeks of break starting the end of next week, so you can bet the anticipation is killing me!  I'm going to be really sad to leave school, though- I've found such amazing people here to call my friends.  It's a great feeling to have people who genuinely care about you, and it's been just what I needed.

With that said, this post is long overdue.  My makeup routine has changed drastically over the last month or so, getting simpler and simpler every day!  But I still have my favorites that I resort to when I'm lacking the ounce of creativity left in me.  ;)
First off, I want to start out with the skin care products I've been using the last couple of weeks.  My skin is pretty sensitive and runs on the dry side, depending on the weather- but growing up, I've never had a problem with acne/breakouts.  Ever since starting college this semester, however, my skin has broken out almost every week.  One pimple would clear up, and then another would form, all in my T-zone.  This was SO frustrating!  Mainly because I'm not used to having actual "breakout" areas.
Anyway, over Thanksgiving break I purchased both of the following products and I've been using them ever since- so, almost two weeks now.  My breakouts have almost completely cleared up and my skin feels like normal again.  Hallelujah!

Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer spf 15 and Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub.  
I think this Neutrogena cleanser is what has helped my skin.  I was using the Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Cream Wash, but never noticed much of an improvement in breakouts.  This scrub, on the other hand, has exfoliating beads that are still gentle enough to use twice a day (which is recommended).  I follow this with the Aveeno moisturizer, and even though it has SPF, I use both day and night.  I just love it.  I'm thinking I may need something a little more moisturizing for colder days, though, so if anyone has any recommendations for that, I'm all ears!

Onto makeup, which is going to be short but sweet:
(Everything else I'm using on a daily basis right now I've mentioned countless times on here)
Maybelline Mineral Power powder foundation in Light 2-3- I think I've told you my obsession with this foundation before, but my laziness has made me obsessed again.  It's so easy to just buff onto my face and go.  After using this type of foundation, I honestly don't know if I'll ever be able to do liquid- it takes me so much more time/effort.  ;)  I'm curious as to how Bare Minerals works- if you've used it or have any recommendations, please let me know in the comments!  I'd love to hear.
Rimmel eyeliner in Black Gold- This is a gorgeous antique gold eyeliner that I've talked about before.  It doesn't stay in place the best, so I need to top it with some kind of powder, but the color is so pretty that I put up with it.  
Maybelline eyeshadow quad in Time For Wine- You all probably know my favorite eyeshadow color to wear is either champagnes or purples/berries.  I love using the two purples in this quad in my outer corner- so pretty!  I really don't recommend this palette for its quality.  The pigmentation isn't the best, (in fact, the other two colors hardly show up on me at all- see swatch), so if I want more color I use this:
Dark shimmery purple from my Coastal Scents 88 Matte palette- This is a really pretty eggplant purple that works well when I want a little more color.  It goes great with my green eyes!  I've also been using the matte black shadow from this same palette for lining my eyes, and a matte cream for highlight.

Swatches:
(L-R: Maybelline Time For Wine quad, Rimmel Black Gold eyeliner)
*I forgot to swatch the Coastal Scents shade, I'm sorry!

Lastly, this is the kind of eye look I've been doing pretty much daily the last few weeks.  So simple and neutral (Using the Maybelline eyeshadow quad and Rimmel eyeliner):
 (Please excuse my eyebrows...)

Thanks for reading, everyone!  And definitely expect more frequent posting to happen in a couple weeks.  Finals are full-speed ahead now!
<3

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP