Powered by Blogger.

A few recent purchases (makeup, skincare, fashion)

Friday, January 7, 2011

So, the plan was to do my 2010 favorites post this week.  The problem is I just realized that the majority of my makeup I left at school, and I won't be going back for another two weeks.  That one will have to wait a little while, I apologize, but I will get to it!  I know I've been enjoying reading everyone else's.  For now, I thought I'd do a quick post of a few new things I've gotten (And some much-needed!):

Makeup-
 
I've been REALLY frugal with buying makeup recently, because there are a few more "investment" type things I want and I can't justify buying makeup when I could be saving (Although I really want the new Too Faced Romantic eye palette- so pretty!).  
Victoria's Secret mineral pressed powder- I picked this up in the store last week when we marked a few things 75% off (usually beauty things go on sale a little before Semi-Annual sale starts).  Half of it is glittery and half is just a normal powder.  It's OK, but I'll probably just keep it for when I run out of my Bare Minerals mineral veil.  It's not very pigmented.  
Wet 'n' Wild Morbid nail polish- I picked this up on a whim at Walgreens.  It's so dark compared to what I usually wear!  But pretty, nonetheless.  
Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion- I've wanted this for the longest time!  I loved the way Lash Blast Volume worked for me, so this is a welcome addition to my makeup collection.  Expect a review shortly, as soon as I've had more time to play with it.

Skincare-
Aveeno Clear Complexion daily moisturizer- I got this at Target last weekend, and so far it's not anything amazing.  I'm going to keep it around for the spring, because for now I think I need something heavier (my skin gets so dry in the winter).
(Not pictured:) Aveeno Daily Moisturizing body lotion-  My dad has sworn up and down by this stuff for years, and finally I bought a bottle last week.  It's amazing!  I work out at night, and usually when I get to the gym I notice that my legs are on the dry side.  I applied this around 9am a few days ago, and when I went to the gym that night (around 8pm), my legs still looked moisturized.  I also love the smooth texture/how easy it sinks into my skin.  It's a little pricey at about $8 a bottle, but it's so worth it in my opinion. 

Fashion-
Victoria's Secret cotton t-shirt- Got this for $9.99 on sale yesterday during the Semi-Annual sale.  These are so soft and really flattering.  I got it mainly for sleeping/working out in.
Charlotte Russe tank tops- These were 2/$5 during their after-Christmas sale.  Score!  I really needed some more layering tops.

Forever 21 necklace and scarf- These were purchases made with a Discover gift card I got for Christmas.  The necklace is so girly and pretty, I love it!  And the scarf has this "destroyed" kind of look because of the frayed ends.


American Eagle coat- I needed a new winter coat so badly this season, and I saw this one a few months back when they first got it in stock but I worried it wouldn't be warm enough (it doesn't feel that heavy).  After looking for about three months with no luck (and having tried this one on again two more times), I decided to get it.  Here's the best part:  it was marked down on sale for $99, and then all redline items were an extra 30% off.  I only ended up paying $70 for it!  Awesome deal, especially when I was ready to fork over upwards of $200 for a good coat.  

The North Face hat- I also needed a warm hat, and I didn't want anything too out there or obnoxious-looking.  This was a little more than I wanted to pay ($30), but it has an inner lining around the ears that I know will be nice.  In Chicago I have to walk everywhere, so everyone wears hats, gloves, scarves, the works!

What have you guys purchased recently?  Anything with Christmas money or gift cards?  (Speaking of gift cards, I have to use up my Sephora one still.  I'm thinking of getting UDPP, but I'm unsure of which packaging to get.  I was thinking of seeing if my Sephora-which is inside a JCPenney- has the XL size, and if they do, I'll decide between that or just splurging on the Professional size.  I'm also not sure if I should get the original version or Eden.  I love that Eden conceals areas on the eye as well as primes.  Any thoughts?)


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP