Powered by Blogger.

Revlon Age Defying SPF 25 concealer in light

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Luckily for me, the CVS beauty clearance sale is still going on!  There aren't any CVS's where my parents live, so while I was staying with them over break I couldn't take advantage of the first days of the sale.  But that's OK, because when I got back to school- and CVS country- I was able to stop in.  One of the (two) things I purchased was the Revlon Age Defying concealer in the shade light, which contains an SPF of 15.   I've heard nothing but rave reviews about this stuff so I was excited to see it 75% off!





Revlon touts this as a "restorative eye cream concealer".  It contains Botafirm which the packaging doesn't really explain, but after a little research online I found that it's for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes and also contains vitamins.  It comes with 0.37oz of product, and I got the lightest shade, Light (ha, really?).  

The consistency is very creamy, and thinner than I'd expect it to be seeing as it's in a tube.  I'd say it's in between your standard liquid concealer and cream concealer.  You only need a small little dab of this as it's very pigmented (you can see from my swatches below).  I love this, because it means my tube will last me a long time.  The pigmented formula means it has good coverage, as opposed to some liquid concealers I've tried (I just recently realized the difference the kind of concealer can make- and that each kind serves its own purpose.  Thicker cream concealers are better for pimples, while lighter/thinner formulas are typically better for larger areas, spots, under eyes).  

Because this is more specifically for under eyes, I first tried it there.  I used to not conceal under my eyes but recently I've had just... terrible dark spots (like right in the tearduct area, if you know what I mean).  Probably due to the fact that I haven't been sleeping much lately, but that's college for ya!  Anyway, I find this works about average at covering the darkness- it doesn't cover as well as my Maybelline Double Face Perfecter concealer, but I like it better despite that for other reasons:
- it doesn't cake/settle into the delicate skin area
- it melts into my skin instead of sitting on top of it
- it leans yellow so it conceals redness well
- it lasts all day with the rest of my face makeup (foundation/powder)
- you don't need much because of how pigmented it is, so the little bottle will last you a long time


If your CVS still has this in stock, I think it's a steal at a little over $3.  I recommended it to my friend and she is in love with it, too.  

Have you guys tried this?  (I think I'm pretty late to the party with trying it)  How's your weekend going?  I have piles and piles of work to get done and errands to run.  So.. hopefully I'll talk to you soon.  :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP