Powered by Blogger.

If This Offends You..

Friday, January 28, 2011

Ten Things

  • I have realised that "popularity" is not something I strive to achieve. While everyone wants to be accepted, I don't think its realistic to be liked by everyone. And I'm not. But thats okay. There has been a lot of posts on the positives and negatives of the blogging community recently, and while I would love to add my "two cents" to the discussion, I don't think I could say it better than Sofia.
  • I have always found it difficult to get on with girls, I find it hard to forgive and because of this have only a few "girl friends" that I would consider myself close to. Boys don't have the same bitchy tendencies as girls, they accept you for who you are and if problems arise; its talked about, sorted, and never brought up again. I would think of many of my friends as "acquaintances", only counting three or four people in the world as those I trust. And that includes my Mum!
  • On the question of trust. I don't. And I certainly hold a grudge. I am a complete walk over, but once I've had enough, I've had enough and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Loyalty is something I value very highly and if theres none there, I'm not afraid to cut people out of my life.
  • I don't like confrontation, but I am definitely opinionated. If  something is said or done to me that I don't like, I will say it. Likewise, if there is something I wholeheartedly agree with, I will voice my opinion accordingly.
  • I don't see the point of nastiness, bitchiness and cliques. While I understand that there are always going to be groups, I will always try to talk to everyone and not leave anyone out. I am a relative "newbie" to Twitter, and sometimes I find it hard not to snap at those girls who make it difficult for others to talk to them or get involved in their conversations because they are so engrossed in their "clique". I hate the elite, I hate the "blogging hierarchy"; and if you talk to me/tweet me/or mail me I will reply without a doubt. That's what this "blogging community" should be like.
Photos courtesy of weheartit
  • I don't really care if your having a competition/giveaway on your blog, please don't link it on mine especially when your not even a follower. On that note, I understand why people link their blogs on others, and we've all done it but sometimes it just gets annoying. It looks like the person hasn't bothered to read the text and instead is using your blog as a stepping stone to "greater things". I think I'll dedicate one post a week where it can be done as much as people like, but other than that please stop.
  • Social climbing. I hate it. Both in real life and the blogging world. Like the "linking of the blog" scenario, I don't quite get some's obsession with the little number indicating their followers. It's just a number and doesn't reflect the quality of the blog. I've seen loads of "unpopular" blogs with a small amount of followers that are much more creative than the "popular" one with thousands. I love blogging, but some's determination to get to the top honestly just tires and wears me out.
  • While I'm sensitive to others feelings or thoughts about me, if you (and I mean people generally here) don't like me; it doesn't really bother me. I don't think anyone should change the way they are because one person mightn't like them. Be yourself, stand up for what you believe and feck anyone who disagrees.
  • Having rambled away like this, I think I have to say just one more thing. I appreciate everybody who has followed, commented and even looked at this blog. It truly means a lot and I read every comment I get, though I mightn't have the time to respond to everyone. So thank you!
  • If anyone wants to link their blog, please do so! If you agree/disagree with me; lemme know as I like to hear others opinions both on the whole blogging scene and their "lives".

I want to make it clear that I'm not moaning or making digs at anyone in particular, I'm just in a thoughful mood and thought I'd express it. Happy Friday!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP