Powered by Blogger.

Jane Be Pure Mineral Gliding eyeliner in Coal

Sunday, January 16, 2011

A bunch of Jane products are on sale at Walmart right now, along with the CQ brand.  I heard about the CQ sale from Shop My Stash last week and decided I should go over and take a look (I picked up some eyeshadows from them so expect a post on those, too)!
I've been seriously needing new eyeliners lately, and one color I wanted to buy was a charcoal gray.  I think it's a great alternative to my typical brown!  Anyway, this was only $2.50 so I thought I'd give it a whirl.


Jane Be Pure Mineral gliding eyeliner in Coal



I wasn't expecting miracles from this guy, but I was hoping that he would stay put relatively well.  As you can probably tell from the picture above, it's not a creamy pencil.  I needed to warm it up for a few seconds with my hair drier before trying it out on my eyes (which allowed it to apply without tugging).  While this usually isn't a great sign, it does mean it will probably be less prone to smudging and migrating.  Was it?  Behold:

Normal swatch

Swatch after rubbing back and forth for 10 seconds

Nice!  Basically just some fading- virtually no smudging.  And this was before it had totally "dried"; I tried rubbing it again about 10 minutes later, and it didn't move an inch.  It requires soap and water to remove.  
On my eyes, it successfully stayed all day (around 9 hours was how long I had my makeup on that day) with no migrating OR fading.  Awesome!

Overall, I'm quite impressed.  This set me back a mere $2.50 and although it's not a creamy pencil, it is workable and has great long-wearing qualities.  And it's a lovely shade of charcoal without shimmer! 

I'd say these are definitely a good buy if you see them at your Walmart on sale.  Have you tried them before?  

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP