Powered by Blogger.

Two EOTDs: Everyday neutrals and smoky/sparkly

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hey guys!  Today I have two EOTDs to share with you.  

The first is something I'd do on a daily basis (thus giving you an example of how BORING I've been with my makeup lately) and is what I'm wearing today.  It's neutral, but I still think it's pretty.  I also broke out my new Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadow trio in Silent Treatment and used the 'lid' shade, which is a gorgeous true taupe.  I totally needed to use another layer of this (in hindsight) because it is not showing up in my pictures at all.  And it is GORGEOUS.



(All eyeshadows are from my Coastal Scents 88 matte palette, unless otherwise noted)

What I used:
- UDPP original (first 'real' trial of this!)
- light greyish-brown matte eyeshadow 
- Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadow trio in Silent Treatment, lid shade (shimmery taupe)
- medium greyish-brown matte eyeshadow (a darker version than the 'light' one above)
- light cream matte eyeshadow
- Jane Be Pure mineral eyeliner in Coal (charcoal gray)
- Lancome Definicils mascara in Black

This next look is one I did last week when I was just playing around with makeup.  I thought I would experiment and do something a little more "dramatic", since the last few months I've done very basic, neutral looks.  This was fun!  I know it's not crazy by any means, and probably not even dramatic for a lot of you, but for me it was a little step out of my box.  It's a little sad, because earlier this year/this summer I loved doing smoky eyes (meaning something like this wouldn't be "unusual" necessarily).  I never do them anymore!  Note to self: you definitely need to get back into that.  




What I used:
-VS Pro eyeshadow primer
-ELF Studio cream eyeshadow in Navy (as base)
-ELF Mineral eyeshadow in Socialite
-ELF Mineral eyeshadow in Elegant
-Shimmery teal from Coastal Scents 88 Matte palette
-MAC eyeshadow in Retrospeck
-Lancome eyeshadow in The New Black (used damp as liner)
-Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express mascara in Glam Black

If I were actually going out somewhere (like wearing this to a party or the like), I would add more of a highlight to the brow bone.  I used my ELF mineral eyeshadow in Elegant for these pictures- which is quite the shimmery cream color- but I definitely needed more.  Besides that, I'm pretty satisfied with how this turned out.

Have you been "branching out" from your usual looks at all?  Or maybe you're not in any kind of makeup rut at all!  If so, I'm incredibly jealous.  :)


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP