Powered by Blogger.

Favorites of 2010 part two: Face, lips, brushes

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Alright, today I have part two of my 2010 favorites to share with you all!  I'm going to skip the intro on this post and just jump right into explaining everything.

Face:

(Not pictured) Maybelline Mineral Power powder foundation- This stuff led to my transition to Bare Minerals and basically made me comfortable wearing foundation on a regular basis.  After using this powder foundation, I realized I hated fussing with liquid foundations and this gave me the coverage/"glow" I wanted in half the time.  

Covergirl Instant Cheekbones blush in Refined Rose- I've had this blush forever!  But it's great for a natural flush of pink, and it's essentially three blushes in one (you get a highlight for cheekbones, one for the apples, and one to contour).

ELF Studio blush in Blushing Rose- Typically I don't like sparkly blushes, but this one is the prettiest deep rose/almost plum color with gold shimmer.  It's beautiful for the colder months and with purple/bronze eye makeup (my favorite!).

ELF Studio Golden Bronzer- This is a summer staple for me.  I thought I'd for sure finish the entire thing this year, but come winter I wasn't wanting a shimmery bronzer all over my face.  For summer, yes!  So light and natural- perfect for light skin.  Won't turn you orange.

ELF Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder- The bronzing side of this (I like the blush, but sometimes it's too glittery for my liking.  I have to be in the 'right mood') is what I use when I need a more matte bronzer.  It still has a little shimmer in it, but it doesn't make you look like a disco ball when it's applied.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector in Light- This concealer was my go-to this summer, and probably will be next summer, too.  Right now my skin is too dry, and it's not a moisturizing concealer.  It overs great pigmentation and coverage for my red areas that I haven't found in many drugstore concealers.

Lips, other:

EcoTools Bamboo Bronzer brush- I forgot to add this in the picture below with the rest of my brushes.  This baby is a staple for me!  I always go over my entire face with it after I'm done applying my powder foundation and blush/highlight/bronzer (whatever I'm wearing that day), because I hate having much color on my face.  This buffs everything out and makes it blend flawlessly.  Plus, it's the softest brush I've tried.

Revlon Super Lustrous lip glosses in Peach Petal and Lilac Pastelle- I finally bought a few of these lip glosses over the summer, and I'm so happy I did.  I love these two colors for light lip looks.  Lilac Pastelle is just gorgeous, and thankfully not too "out there".  

Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish lipstick in Dark Wine- I love this for the few times I wear red lips.  It's a pretty deep red with the slightest bit of berry.  And the formula is amazing, especially since it's $.99!

Brushes:

Angled duo-fiber blush brush from Walmart- I'm not sure what the name of this brand is, but I've only seen these brushes at Walmart.  This brush is great for applying blush and contouring, and the bristles are really soft.  It's great quality, too, and I want to say it was around $6 or $7.  

MAC 224- I rediscovered this brush this year after getting more into makeup, and don't know why I disregarded it for so long (I've had it since I was 13!).  It's THE brush I use for blending out my crease and applying a soft wash of color to that area.

ELF eyeshadow brush- This is a great $1 find that works well for applying lid colors.  The head isn't too wide or long (like my MAC 252 which is usable but less convenient), and it picks up pigment really well.

EcoTools angled eyeliner brush- I'm casually looking for a new angled eyeliner brush right now, but this was my first one and is what I use for gel/cream eyeliner application.  I'd recommend it for a good starter option (and that it's only about $3.50), but I'd like something firmer and more precise.

ELF Studio powder brush- First of all, I love the brush of this.  When I try out or use any kind of cream/liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer, I apply it with this.  However, the ferrule of mine is getting loose from the handle and will probably break in the near future. 

Whew!  That was a long one.  Thanks for your continued input on everything- it's always appreciated!  Have a great night everyone!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP