Powered by Blogger.

Mini haul on a snowy day & first thoughts!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Today after work, I decided it was time to get myself over to Sephora (inside JCPenney) and use my $25 gift card.  That kind of 'ignited' the shopping bug inside of me, which led to a trip to both Walgreens.  I'm so pleased with the things I got and I hardly made a dent in my wallet!

I was pretty sure I wanted to buy UDPP with my Sephora gift card, but I didn't know what size/type.  I had severe hang-ups about the packaging of the original size (I've read negative review after negative review), so I was going to get the professional size.  What I didn't realize is how HUGE that thing really is!  So inconvenient for traveling, but I was ready to put up with it.  That is, until the SA asked if I was finding everything OK and told her my dilemma.  She showed me the original/sin duo (which I didn't think they'd have in store), and explained that the applicator is 'bent' to help with the awkward packaging (which I also had read in reviews but hearing it from the SA sold me apparently), so I grabbed it.  Two UDPPs, full size, for a little more than the price of one!  Well, $8 more to be exact; the duo is $26.  But with my gift card I only paid $2 and some change out of pocket.  I'm so pleased.




Next, I stopped by the fourth Walgreens I've been to in the last 2 days in search of the new Wet 'n' Wild products.  Success!  I knew what I wanted (Silent Treatment), and the only thing they didn't have in stock was all of the eyeliners (they had Olive and Purple, which I have already).  I got Silent Treatment eyeshadow trio, and Princess bronzer from the regular line.


These eyeshadows are soo buttery and pigmented!  To me, they feel even more so than the old trios.  Get this one, fellow neutral-lovers.  It's the most neutral of the new trios.


I had read good reviews about the Princess bronzer, and since I'm in need of a new bronzer (one that isn't too crazy shimmery), I figured I'd get it now while it's 50% off at Wags.  It's so pretty!


That is one 'heavy' swipe of my finger- this guy is pigmented!  But don't be alarmed, because he's gorgeous used with a light hand and blended in.


Stay tuned for some looks utilizing these products!  I'm especially excited to use the UDPPs- I tried out Sin using the Wet 'n' Wild trio, and I'm loving it so far (except blending was a little hard.  I don't know if it's the UD or WnW yet).
Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP