Powered by Blogger.

Black Friday finds

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hey everybody! I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. A full week of work is ahead of me and I'm not looking forward to it, but at least I had a nice relaxing mini-vacation. Thanksgiving went off without a hitch, and it was good times all around with friends and family.

I wasn't going to do any Black Friday shopping, but we ended up venturing out in the afternoon to see what was going on. Traffic and crowds weren't too bad, so I guess that was the time to shop if you weren't looking for any doorbusters! Kohl's had already finished their sale at 1:00 so we missed it, but it was no big deal. We ended up going to Old Navy and Walmart.

At Old Navy I got two pairs of pajama pants for $5 each, and a sweater for $15. If only I hadn't just bought a bunch of pjs, I would have bought more - they have such cute designs and $5 is so cheap! I've had my eye on the long john-type bottoms, but they were $14.50 and hadn't been cheaper than $12, so I was quite excited to see them included in the deal!


Can you tell I like pink? Actually I really only have like 2 pink shirts to my name - it's really not a color I wear often...

At Walmart I didn't really get anything that was on sale! I picked up this awesome little portable external harddrive, not even knowing it SPARKLES!! (I have a thing for little sparkly lights)


I have been wanting one of these since my computer failed, because my old external HD is a behemoth of a thing that needs to be plugged into the wall to work, and I end up tripping over it or knocking it over (seriously, it's crashed to the floor so many times, I'm surprised it still works at this point - although it is built like a tank!). It always takes way more effort than it should, so I back up everything less than I should. This is barely bigger than an iPod and gets all the power it needs from the USB!

I could have waited for it to go on sale, but I'd been checking the prices online and they were all about the same, and there were no Black Friday deals that I could find for external HDs, so I just bit the bullet and bought it. 

The one sale we did pick up was a flat-screen TV for the second living room - the room with the fireplace. We've been having fires almost every day now it's cold, and I've been spending most of my time there, but there was no TV (actually there was, but it was a 1989 model and was so crappy we didn't even bother turning it on!). Believe it or not, around 4pm at Walmart there were PILES of TVs at the front of the store, and the sale price was still valid. We were pretty amazed, and since we'd wanted a TV in there for a while - we actually bought one last year but my dad appropriated it for his personal use - we decided it would be a good time to get it.

So it was a stress-free Black Friday, but I'm happy with the things I bought! If anything, I'd have liked to go to The Body Shop to hit up their 3 for $30 sale, but I've spent so much money there lately it seemed kinda silly! They're always having good sales so it's no big loss.

Did you get any good deals this weekend?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP