Powered by Blogger.

Black Friday Hauls! (Makeup, Bath/Body, Clothes)

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black Friday could very well be my new favorite day of the year.  Almost better than Christmas- you just don't see these kinds of deals on a regular basis!  And it wasn't until I started working in retail that I realized just how many sales go on.
So obviously I did a little shopping, first Friday morning at 3:30am with my cousins, and then Friday afternoon/today with my mom of course (she's my favorite person to go with!).  It's just not the same by myself.  This was the first year I woke up super early and braved the crowds, too.  Let me just say it isn't worth it for me!  My cousins and I stood in lines at Target and Kohl's that wrapped all the way around the stores.  It was beyond insane, and the things I bought I could have gotten any other time.  But hey, you live and learn.  :)
Shopping Friday afternoon/today with my mom was the most fun.  The clothes she bought for me as intentional Christmas presents, but then decided I could just have them now.  Mom, you are seriously too good to me!
(I think it's because I'm home on break and have been gone all semester.  She did the same thing when my sister was away at school!)

Anyway, here's everything I got (It looks like so much!  I'm telling myself it's OK because I've been really strict with my purchases the last couple of months.. haha, oh, rationalization).


Target: (not pictured- Maybelline Mineral Power Powder Foundation- I needed another!) Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer SPF 30, Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash scrub, Yes to Carrots Pomegranate lip butter, Secret Fresh Effects Cucumber Aloe deodorant/body spray (came as a set), Venus razor refills
Walgreens: Maybelline Mocha Velvet blush (on clearance for $2.99 and I used a $1 off coupon from redplum.com, making it only $2!)
Dollar Tree: NYC Deep Plum liquid eyeliner, Almay Pure Blends mascara, Maybelline Pink Halo Dream Mousse eyeshadow, Revlon Tempting Teal matte eyeshadow

A few quick notes- I'm currently suffering from severely dry lips and heard good things about these Yes to Cucumber lip balms.  My first impressions of it aren't the best, but I'm hopeful!  Also, the NYC liquid eyeliner and Almay mascara are going in the trash- thankfully they were only $2 total from the dollar store.  I used to love the Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer when I was younger, so I'm excited to try it again.  And I'm LOVING the smell of the Secret deodorant/body spray!  Usually I dislike "fresh" scents, but I'm a fan of the quality of these deodorants and Target had bonus packs of deodorants and body mists for only $3.99.  This one is lovely.  I used to use the "coco butter kiss" scent, but grew tired of it.
Bath & Body Works: I haven't been to a Bath & Body Works in FOREVER!  They don't have one near me in Chicago, so I was just so anxious to go shopping.  I used my coupon for a free item up to $13 with a purchase of $10+, and got the Dark Kiss body lotion+spray.  I bought these in the mini sizes when they first came out and I repeatedly get compliments when I wear them.  I wanted the eau de toilette but didn't want to spend more money on perfume, because when I was at working at Victoria's Secret I bought...
(I forgot to take a picture, sorry!)
VS Shine Pink perfume!  It was on sale for 50% off, so I only paid $15 after tax.  I've loved this one ever since it first came out, but couldn't justify buying it.  It has peach and tiare flower in it- a lovely fruity-floral.  
Hollister: The leather jacket and ruffled cardigan are from here.  I've steered clear of Hollister for years, and it wasn't until I somehow came across the website that I decided I needed to give it another shot.  If it weren't for the logos splattered across half of the clothes I would have totally bought more!  The jacket was a great deal, though- $50- half off of the regular price of $99.
Charlotte Russe: The jeans I got along with a skirt, lace top, and two pairs of tights, but last few are getting wrapped up for Christmas.  :)  I really needed a new pair of jeans, so I hope these last a fair while!  Charlotte Russe had everything 25-50% off, so they were discounted a little. 
The lace print headband I got from Target.  They have a lot of cute, girly ones!  

Whew!  Thanks for reading, guys.  Unfortunately I left my camera at school (I used my mom's), so no makeup swatches/pictures.  I tried to change my mom's camera's settings but I just couldn't get it right.  
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving/shopping time!  The weekend isn't over yet, though, and Cyber Monday is around the corner.  And my bank account hasn't been totally emptied.... ;)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP