Powered by Blogger.

Small Target trip + pajama bonanza

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Continued from my previous post!

We went to Target with a few things in mind, one of which was the Glade gift card promotion. Specific Glade items were on sale for $2.50 each, and if you bought 5, you got a $5 gift card! Some of the stuff was $4 and up regularly, so it was a good deal.

We had just bought a bunch of candles elsewhere, so we decided to try something new - the oil candle burners with their yummy new holiday scents! These little candle disks melt into oil to disperse the scent.

As you can see, we opened and used some immediately, before I could take a picture. We ended up with 4 refill packs and 1 burner (which came with 1 oil candle) in Bayberry Spice, French Vanilla, Apple Cinnamon, and Baked Magic.

All together it was $12.50, but I had a $1 off Glade Target coupon, as well as a $1.50 off manufacturer's coupon, making it $10 even for all 5 products. I probably could have done better and found more coupons, but it was spur of the moment, and I still got a great deal! I also got the $5 gift card, and gave it to Mom (who checked out behind me) to use on some other stuff we got (eco-friendly LCD Christmas lights and good stuff like that :D).

My other grand purchase:

I've had a $2 off Maybelline Eyestudio coupon for a while now, I've been waiting for the opportune moment to use it. This eyeshadow quad runs about $7.50 to $8 in my local stores. I was shocked to see at this Target (not one we usually go to) it was only $6.42! So I figured now was the time - and I got it for $4.42 with the coupon!

I also had a little pajama splurge, although not all at Target. On Target's printable coupon site, they had a $10 off 3 pajamas coupon. While it would be ideal to grab a bunch of clearance PJs and get them all for free, I am in dire need of winter PJs and am drowning in summer ones (the only ones on clearance). So we decided to split it up - I got one PJ set (which comes with a long-sleeved shirt, long pants AND shorts) for $19.99, Mom got a pair of PJ pants for $10, and we got another 3-set for someone as a Christmas present. It wasn't much savings, but $10 off is better than nothing! And the designs are sooo cute!

I got the rest of the PJs from Kohl's. My grandma had received several $10 gift cards in the mail (her apartment complex is right down the street from a Kohl's, so they send them out as promos - lucky!!) and gave them to us (super lucky!). The blue PJ set was $40, on sale for $24.99, I used one $10 gift card, making it $14.99, and then a 30% off coupon we got in the mail, making the set only $10.50!

The two shirts were actually just ladies' long-sleeved shirts, but they're 100% cotton and were only $7.99. So $15.98 for the two of them, minus a $10 gift card and the 30%, they came out to be $4.19 total, or less than $2.10 each! Score!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP