Powered by Blogger.

Aspirin Mask.. have you tried it?

Monday, October 20, 2008

I had never heard of an Aspirin mask until I started going to makeupalley and around 1,480 have reviewed it so far and 83% of all people would use it again so I had to try it. It's super annoying to make the mixture and takes a long time and work to crush up the little pills. People who do it swear it makes your face so smooth and helps ache. I really don't think it did anything special for my skin and it was a pain in the butt to make. Here's how though-
1) Take around 2-4 tablets of aspirin.
2) Sprinkle and I mean SPRINKLE drops of water on the aspirin, if you use too much water, it will become too mushy and pretty much useless. You can also add a little honey to the mixture if you'd like (I didn't)
3) If you added the right amount of water, it should start to disenegrate on it's own If it does not dissolve, use your fingers to break it apart and mix it with the water. (MINE DIDN'T DISENEGRATE!! GRRRR)
***Note, the texture of this should be VERY grainy
4)Now, start applying the mixture on your face. Make sure you avoid the eye area like I did. Also, try and avoid getting the aspirin in your nostrils, you do not want to breath this in.
5)Apply and spread the entire mixture on your face. Leave it on like a mask for 10 MINUTES. After the 10 minutes are up, wash off your face. As you are washing it off, take advantage of the grainy texture of the aspirin and exfoliate your skin. This will get the dead skin cells off your face, and polish your skin to leave it glowing.

Ok, so... those are the instructions I found online.... my tablets were like hard rocks and it took forever to break up until small peices... it didn't leave my skin beautiful or glowing. I'd much rather use my MAC Microfine Refinisher... works much better! I don't have the time to making a homemade mixture like this... so 2 thumbs down from me but 83% of people who reviewed it loved it... so I'm sure it's good and works...just not for me.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP