Powered by Blogger.

Top 3 Mascaras

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I think that I'm pretty finicky when it comes to mascaras. I can't stand a wet feeling lash that makes it hard to curl with the eye lash curler. I hate eyelashes that stick together or flake. So, after many a dollars down the drain I think I've found 3 that really work well for me. I will also name the 3 I can't stand...there are wayyyy more than 3 I hate but I'll try and be nice and just name 3. :)

Top 3 Mascaras and why-

1. Diorshow by Christian Dior- This is an award-winning mascara for a reason. It is PERFECT. It defines, lengthens, separates, volumizes and curls. Perfectly. I love the light rose scent. There is nothing better than sweet smelling mascara. The wand brush is very large so it's easy to get all the lashes. It doesn't go on wet or too thick... it's a very smooth mascara. It's very easy to wash off at the end of the night. You don't need 5 cotton pads to get it off. It is pricey so that's the downside and it doesn't last as long as my other mascaras...it tends to start getting hard to get out but that's probably when I should be changing my mascara anyways... by make-up rules that is.
Two thumbs up from me!! Retails for $24
Photobucket

2. Clinique High Impact- If you are reluctant about trying an expensive mascara, buy this. The brush makes application easy. Every lash is coated well. No smudges or flaking. Lashes soft to the touch. You only really need one coat but I like to add a few coats... just can't help myself. It also is very easy to take off at night and that's important. Retails for $14.
Photobucket

3. Maybelline Define a Lash- and it does JUST that... defines the lashes amazing! The way the brush is created really does do the trick to separate and lengthen. Worked great to volumise my my lashes and separate them and make them look beautiful. It makes my lashes look thinner compared to the Dior but it really does define them really well and makes them so soft.
Also, like the other washes off really well. Retails for $7.99 (I believe)
Photobucket

Top 3 Mascaras I can't stand and why

1. Cargo TexasLash- I HATTTTEEE THIS STUFF. Texas size lashes.. yeah right! It smells soooo bad. Mascara should not smell like that. It's horrible! The consistency was very thin compared to other volumizing mascaras I have tried...So it smudged and clumped up like crazy while applying. When it dries you can literally pinch your lashes between your fingernails and peel the mascara off. Not impressed in the least. It's also a very wet mascara making it very hard to curl with an eyelash curler. WASTE OF MONEY!! Retails for $20 GRRRRRRR like I said WASTE OF MONEY!!!

2.Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express- I believed the hype and I shouldn't have. This product stinks... or at least that's what I think. Make-up is subjective... to each is their own. This mascara stays watery for some time after application, and the whole watery formula and wand shape NEEDS a precise application to achieve a nice look, and the worst of all... FLAKES LIKE CRAZY!!! Result: Heinous. Hideous. I didn't even pay attention to the smell, all I noticed was the creepy daddy long legs look of which my eyelashes took shape after the first swipe. Okay. That was only one swipe, let's try this again. Swipe two, three, four... my eyelashes weren't getting any thicker, only more spidery and crusty looking. GROSS. 10 x's long my behind!! Retails for $7.99 ( think)

3. Clinique Lash Power Mascara- Vows to look pretty for 24 hours without a smudge or smear. Lasts through rain, sweat, humidity, tears.... uhhhhhhh YEA RIGHT... this stuff does non of the above but make my lashes stick straight out and makes it impossible to curl...doesn't last for 24 hours...I wouldn't even want this stuff on my lashes for 5 mins let alone 24 hours. YUCK!
Retails for $14

4. Ok... had to add this one...LashBlast SUCKED!! Booooo...so sad!! What a waste. The wand is nasty and it goes on my lashes horribly!!!

What mascara do you love or hate...and if you love the ones that I hate that's ok, too!!
Let me know what you think!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP