Powered by Blogger.

"Use it or Lose it" Challenge

Thursday, November 4, 2010


I love beauty products - that's no surprise. But I also have the problem of buying more than I need. I'm sure that's not unusual for others too. I find good sales or just have to try something new, and end up with way more products than I'll ever be able to use.

Point in case: right now, I have 10 open face washes in my bathroom (photo above is of one shelf in my shower), and 11 body lotions. No joke! Now I love variety, and have certain products for certain uses so I'd never stick to just one of something, but even I can see the excess in that.

What compounds the problem is my inability to throw perfectly useful things away. I'm no hoarder, but I hate being wasteful. So when I end up with something that I'm not entirely fond of but it's not so terrible I can't use it, I hang on to it. Maybe use it once a month or less often, and it just sits there taking up valuable real estate.

So I've decided to challenge myself - use it or lose it! For the month of November, I'm going to go through my massive stash of open beauty products, and re-try everything. If it doesn't work, if it contains ingredients I don't want to put in/on my body, or if I'm just not thrilled with it, I'm going to get rid of it. And I'm not going to feel guilty about it if I find it a new home, a new use, or at least recycle the packaging.

How about you - do you have more products than you could ever use in a lifetime? Do you hold on to things out of guilt? Let me know how you deal, or if you decide to take the challenge with me!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP