Powered by Blogger.

Review: Olay Definity 14-Day Skin Rehabilitation

Thursday, November 11, 2010

 
Forgot to take a photo of the product before I used it, so here's a stock photo!

Olay Definity 14 day Skin Rehabilitation

Price: $23.77 on Amazon.com (I purchased it on sale at a drug store with a coupon for about $13)

Claims: “Olay Definity 14 Day Skin Rehabilitation counteracts past skin stresses to diminish discoloration PLUS wrinkles in just 14 days. “

EWG Rating:
First phase: 6 (for fragrance and salicylic acid)
Second phase: 5 (for fragrance, DMDM hydantoin, triethanolamine, and a few other chemicals)
Third phase (mask): 6 (for fragrance, various parabens, and others)

Review:
This is a 14 day product that's used at night in place of your usual moisturizer. By all means, not a natural product, but at the very least, the first two phases do not contain any parabens, mineral oil or petrolatum – which are deal-breakers for me when it comes to moisturizers. The first two phases consist of days 1 through 13, while day 14 is an intensive mask.

First 7 days: The texture of the stuff was nice and light, blended into my skin easily, but oddly became opaque once it dried. It left streaky marks and gave my skin a chalky look. It moisturized well without being greasy, and my skin didn't feel dry, but the chalky look was off-putting.

Next 6 days: This stuff was thicker, and felt nice and smooth going on. It wasn't chalky, but left a metallic sheen on my skin. Also was a perfect level of moisture, didn't leave my skin dry or greasy.

I didn't bother with the phase 3 mask.

Packaging: The little tubes were a nice concept, but were pretty messy. The tops were hard to tear off without unintentionally squeezing the product out. It was hard to get the product out if you had some on your fingers already (in other words, it would go flying), so I ended up squeezing the whole tube out directly onto my face and then rubbing it in.

Results: Honestly, I didn't see any drastic improvements. Or any subtle improvements either. When washing my face in the morning, my skin felt soft and smooth, but it didn't seem to be permanent, as it wasn't noticeable by the end of the day. It was probably more of the soft feeling the product gave as I washed it off my skin. If anything, my skin seems a little less dull and more dewy, but I didn't see any improvements in fine lines or removal of any discolored areas.

The only noticeable change was that I broke out pretty badly, a problem I see is pretty common after reading other reviews. And that alone is enough reason to save your money and buy something else.

Overall rating: D

Would purchase again? No

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP