Powered by Blogger.

And the shatter/crackle nail polish obsession begins..

Friday, May 20, 2011

Ever since buying OPI Silver Shatter last week, I've made a habit of staring at my nails for long periods of time.  This developed into a minor obsession with everything shatter nail polish (I mean, the beginning of an obsession).  My boyfriend has since heard all about the different shatters I've seen online- he moved me home last weekend and was here this week- so last night, he suggested we go over to Walgreens and see if the Sally Hansen crackles were available.  Before I continue, I have to mention how adorable he is about my love affair with makeup/nails.  He always shows what seems like genuine interest in my nails (I'm sure he could care less but he sure acts like he cares when I change them!) and wants to see them.  I've always been a little shy/embarrassed about having makeup as a hobby, but it's great that he doesn't see it as a silly thing.  Anyway, I just thought it was the sweetest thing that he was more than willing to go look at nail polish with me last night, haha.  This whole shatter nail polish craze has gotten me back "into" nail polish- and I'm so glad!

So my Walgreens had the new Sally Hansen crackle overcoat nail polish display, and originally I picked up Antiqued Gold.  I actually got home and realized that I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, so today I returned it for Ink Splatter, which is a plain black.  I decided to try it with a few different shades:

Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in Ink Splatter





Thumb- Hard Candy Sky (pale blue with faint micro shimmer)
Index- Icing Mint 2 Be (pale mint- leans green)
Middle- ELF Moonlight (metallic silvery beige)
Ring- Revlon Lilac Pastelle (light lilac- leans pink)
Pinky- Wet 'n' Wild Shield (Craze LE- metallic shimmery antique gold)

Before last night, I totally wasn't sold on the idea of a black shatter.  I didn't look twice at OPI Black Shatter.  I'm definitely in love with this one, though.  It works on so many colors!

The brush is really thin making it a little difficult to apply, but the formula is thin enough that it's workable.  Sally Hansen Antiqued Gold was thicker and was definitely tougher to apply than Ink Splatter.  I'm still trying to get the hang of applying shatters- they're tricky!  I think I did my pinky the best in the swatches above, but thankfully this finish is pretty forgiving.  

Anyway, have you tried these new drugstore crackle polishes?  

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP