Powered by Blogger.

My current skincare routine (normal/sensitive skin)

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I've been meaning to do this post for a long time now, but for one reason or another I just didn't get around to it.  So, finally! :)  These are the products I've been loving and using on a daily basis, pretty much all year so far.  I've tried new products here and there but I keep going back to these.
For reference, my skin is normal/sensitive with occasional dry spots.  Typically I just get the occasional pimple, unless I'm really stressed out- then I get small breakouts in my T-zone.  But my skin is pretty sensitive to different products so I have to be careful with skincare (in particular moisturizers, which I have the most problems with).  


Makeup remover:
Pond's Cold Cream
I mentioned this in my 'empty products' post, and I finally repurchased it after I got home from school.  Yes!  This is my go-to for removing eye makeup- it doesn't tug, it's moisturizing (doesn't dry out my eyes), it's cheap, and it lasts forever.  Win, win, win, win.

Cleanser:
Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub
I'm finally blogging about this after meaning to for forever!  Earlier this year I was trying out a few different cleansers to find something to help clear up my skin, and nothing really worked.  I went right back to this (which I've used on and off since I was 15ish) and I'm sticking with it.  It doesn't break me out, the exfoliating beads are super gentle for my sensitive skin, it clears up my breakouts, and leaves my face feeling refreshed and bright.  I highly recommend.

Daily Moisturizer:
Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 15
This is another product that I started using a long time ago (my sister used Aveeno products when she lived at home, so when I was younger I would try them out, lol!) but recently repurchased.  I've used it off and on all year and it works great for a daily moisturizer.  It provides enough moisture for my skin's occasional dry patches, doesn't break me out, and the SPF is a bonus.  

Nighttime Moisturizer:
Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin
I think this is my third bottle of this moisturizer!  I've tried several different moisturizers and I still love this for nighttime.  It doesn't irritate my skin, and the light consistency absorbs quickly and doesn't cause breakouts.  I've had problems with a lot of moisturizers/creams, but this one has never given me issues.

Spot Treatment:
Clean & Clear Advantage Mark Treatment
I'm not a fan of many of the Clean & Clear products I've tried, but this has worked pretty well for me (I'm almost out of it!).  It effectively reduces the size of my pimples when used nightly.  If I could remember to use it twice a day I think it'd work even better.  I have the Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10 spot treatment, but it's either the benzoyl peroxide that doesn't work for me, or the fact that it's such a high concentration.  

Mask:
Clinique Skin Calming Moisture Mask
This isn't on the website anymore so I'm thinking it's discontinued- if anyone can confirm that for me, I'd be very appreciative!  This is actually my sister's from years ago, but I use it when my skin needs moisture.  It doesn't make my skin feel tight or irritated, and is really easy to apply/take off.  My face always looks really glowy after I use this.

What do you guys use/love on a regular basis?  

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP