Powered by Blogger.

EOTD: Magenta and teal

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I've been doing this same technique with all my eye looks this last weekend and I really like it!  I've just used different colors.  I have two more variations that I'll show in a separate post, but for now, this is the one I did today.


(Excuse the state of my eyebrows; they're terrible, I'm sorry!)

Products used:
-Almay Bright Eyes eye base+concealer
-NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
-Coastal Scents 88 Matte eyeshadow palette (medium magenta, light lilac, cool taupe, matte cream)
-Revlon Matte eyeshadow in Tempting Teal (deep matte teal green)
-ELF Mineral eyeshadow in Earthy (shimmery medium sage green)
-MAC Eye Kohl in I Get No Kick (shimmery champagne eyeliner)
-Victoria's Secret eyeliner in Dark Brown
-L'Oreal Double Extend Illuminator mascara

First, prime your eye area and apply a matte white base for the eyeshadows.  Apply a magenta eyeshadow to the lid area, stopping just short of the inner and outer corners.  Blend this out using a lighter lilac shade in the inner corners and throughout the crease.  Tape off the outer edge of your eyes.  Place a deep matte teal or green shade on the outer corner of your lid, creating a slight "outer v" shape using the tape as a guide.  Then, use a crease brush to apply a shimmery medium sage green shade to the outer part of your crease, lightly blending the magenta and teal together.  I had to go back over the magenta and teal again after this part.  Apply a matte cream highlight shade to your browbone and inner corners.  Remove the tape from your outer eyes.  Next, line your waterline and inner corners with a shimmery champagne colored eyeliner.  Take the same magenta you used for your lid and apply it lightly along the lower lash line, followed by a cool taupe shade in the outer corners (to add more depth- I also think this makes the whole look more flattering!).  Line the outer half of your upper and lower lash line with a deep brown or bronze eyeliner, creating a wing, following the shape you created with the eyeshadow using the tape.  Finish with black mascara and you're done! 

I hope the explanation is ok!  Temptalia explains her steps in her EOTDs and I know it always helps me.

I'm also thinking of placing an order for some Fyrinnae eyeshadows- I'm loving the brighter eyeshadow colors for summer, and I've heard such great things about these indie makeup brands.  Do you guys have any recommendations for Fyrinnae, or another brand you love?  
Hope you guys have a great Tuesday! 


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP