Powered by Blogger.

"Dislike": Part 1

Monday, May 23, 2011

I frequently do posts on my favorite products, so I thought it would be a good idea to do one on products I'm not loving.  I find these posts help me a lot to decide what products I shouldn't purchase!
I have several more products, but I decided to break them up into a few posts so it doesn't get too long.  Here goes! :)

Olay Complete All Day UV Moisture Cream SPF 15 for sensitive skin


I actually bought this over winter break, but I left it at home when I went back to school and have only tried using it a few times since.  It makes my skin flare up almost immediately after applying!  I'm not sure what's in it that does this, but having sensitive skin, I find a lot of moisturizers either break me out or cause irritation.  Unfortunately, this was not the answer to my dry winter skin.

Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer

I know a lot of people rave about this concealer (I agree it covers/lasts amazingly well!), but it was too drying for me.  I pulled it out again the last couple of weeks and I thought I could get it to work, but then I noticed several of my pimples getting worse- I'm not sure if it's the concealer or not, but I stopped using it last week and one pimple in particular has gotten smaller (this is the only thing I changed in regards to skincare/makeup).  I'm guessing it's a combination of my dry and sensitive skin that gives me issues.

ELF Studio Complexion Perfection powder

Yes, I've hit pan on this, but I really don't like it!  I got this last summer in my last online ELF purchase and used to break it out when I ran out of powder (thankfully now I have other backups that I can use).  It leaves a white cast on my face and I feel like it washes me out too much.  And, I also don't feel like the colors do anything as far as correcting when used individually.  I prefer powders that give my face a "glow" (like Bare Minerals Mineral Veil), and this is more of a matte finish.

Physicians Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash mascara

I had hoped this would work similar to Covergirl Lash Blast (the wands and formula feel similar), but personally, they performed differently.  This doesn't separate my lashes well or provide much volume.  It worked great on my friend, but not personally.

Maybelline Unstoppable eyeliner in Onyx

I thought this was an interesting "dislike", because I have two other Maybelline Unstoppable eyeliners that don't give me problems.  This one isn't terrible, but it smudges on me- and black smudged eyeliner is a lot worse than, say, brown smudged eyeliner (IMHO).  My other two, Jaded and Sapphire, are pretty dry in application, while this one is prone to smudging until it sets (I've messed it up while curling my eyelashes before).  

Thanks for reading part one of my "dislikes"!  Are there any of these products that worked for you?  Didn't work?  

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP