Powered by Blogger.

The Big Switch?

Wednesday, May 25, 2011


As an avid Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish fan, I was torn when after reviewing the Elave moisturiser, they kindly offered to send me a few products as a thank you and the Elave cleanser was shoved through the door. The Elave Moisturiser is one I've used for years as I have very dry/sensitive skin that reacts to every change in weather and cannot take a lot of chemicals. Medical packaging aside, if you have sensitive skin, all Elave products are free from harsh chemicals, alcholols, dyes and colours. After testing it out over the last few weeks, I've found both positives and negatives to the product.

Positives

By gently massaging the cleanser into the face, it does get rid of all the makeup present; without causing any irritation. I always cleanse my face twice, once to get rid of makeup and another to cleanse my skin. This is a technique that works brilliantly for this product, and your skin does feel fresh and clean after cleansing, with no tight feeling.

While the information at the back of the tube suggests using damp cotton pads to remove the cleanser, I only did this for the first cleanse, using a muslin cloth for the second.

Athough it is not a thick cream like the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, it is not greasy and breaks down the dirt on the skin very well.

At 8euro/£7 for 250mls, its just over half the price of Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish which is 15euro/£13 for 100mls.

Negatives

While it does successfully remove eye makeup, I was surprised that when I got it in my eye by mistake, it did sting slighty. This sensation did, however, disappear when I washed the cleanser off with a damp cotton pad.

The packaging. Shallow, I know. All the Elave packaging looks very 'medical', and while it is clinically proven they could make it look a bit nicer, agree?

Would I switch to this cleanser full-time?

If I couldn't afford to buy the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, I would definitely move to this one. It does almost the same job (minus the slight eye-stinging, of course), but doesn't look or smell as nice!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP