Powered by Blogger.

Tackling spring/summer makeup trends: Coral lips

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Coral always seems to be a big color for spring/summer makeup, but I've been convinced I can't really pull it off.  It seems to look amazing on olive and other light/fair skinned girls!  Same goes with other popular warmer weather trends (teal, bronze, gold), I just shy away from them.  This season I'm determined to make these trends work for me; this will be part one of a short series of posts with my interpretation of them!
My first trial is achieving coral lips in a flattering way.  Tonight as I was playing around with different combinations, I found one that I like a lot!  I layered Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in Spotlight Beige and Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss in Coral Reef.



Left: Rimmel lipstick in Spotlight Beige, Right: Revlon lip gloss in Coral Reef


I got the Rimmel lipstick from the lovely Jamie of Maquilagem Masstige last summer.  I love it as a neutral to pair with my warmer colored eye looks.  It also has a peachiness that pairs perfectly with the Revlon lip gloss, and I can't believe I didn't think of this combination sooner!  Coral Reef is a little bright for me on its own, but Spotlight Beige tones it down a little.  

The color doesn't look very bright in pictures, but it still feels bright to me!  Especially being someone who hardly ever wears lip color (and when I do, it's a deep red or berry).  I actually think this combination is pretty flattering on my skin tone, though, which is what I was nervous about.
I'm going to try and wear this out this week- I'm thinking of pairing it with bronze light smokey eyes and peachy blush.  Or the teal eyes I plan to do.  Not exactly sure yet. ;)

Do you guys think this is a good idea for a mini series?  I'd love to hear your thoughts- I'm really want to try and get more creative with the blog.  I feel like it needs something different! 
Thanks so much!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP