Powered by Blogger.

Attempting to conceal under eye circles with Garnier

Saturday, May 28, 2011


Last Sunday I picked up the tinted Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti Dark-Circle Roller.  It contains caffeine and claims to act as a concealer and under eye circle/puffiness corrector.

Before I start my review, I want to note that I only recently started concealing my under eye area, and I only do it when I really feel the need.  I have a few fine lines under my eye area that I hated putting product on, because it always seemed to just emphasize them or look cakey.  After doing some research I've learned that the consistency of the product is really what makes a difference, and covering up dark circles makes a huge difference!  So much so that I've been more interested in seeing what works.

Garnier first came out with the 'eye roller' idea awhile ago, but it was an anti-puffiness moisturizer that didn't contain any tint.  I've heard that this makes for a good concealer, so I thought I'd give it a shot.  I got mine for $13.99 at Walgreens.



From Ulta.com (I thought this explained better what it's supposed to do that the description from Garnier):
Instantly roll away dark circles. Caffeine Gel + Rollerball energizes and stimulates microcirculation. Lemon Essence brightens. Tinted mineral pigments instantly corrects dark circles. Over time, lack of sleep and daily fatigue make eyes look tired. Microcirculation slows and the delicate skin around the eyes becomes thinner and more translucent. Dark circles and shadows appear. Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller is right for you if you want to instantly correct the appearance of dark circles and brighten the skin around your eyes.
Your under eye area is supposed to look brighter after use every morning for one week.

Well, since I highly doubted its ability to minimize dark circles, I mainly tested this as a concealer.
Starting with the shade:  I'm about an NC20 in MAC, and this is a pretty good match for me if not a little yellow.  I find the yellow undertones help cancel out shadows under eyes.  I'd say this shade would work for you if you're around NC15-NC30 in MAC.

Left: swatched, Right: blended
The consistency is thin and runny, and blends into my skin quickly.  This makes it easy to apply using the rollerball.  It doesn't feel heavy or cling to fine lines (of which I have a few directly under my eyes...WHY!).

Now... does it conceal?


1. is my bare eye
2. is the product "rolled" underneath
3. is the product blended out
4. is after applying powder (using Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Correcting Pebbles)

Personally, I don't feel like this does much in terms of really correcting any under eye problems.  The best part is that it doesn't emphasize or cling to my little lines.  I suppose my eyes look a little brighter in the 3rd and 4th pictures, but I probably wouldn't be able to tell on someone else. 
I also don't think this conceals better or even as well as others that I've used- Maybelline Dream Mousse concealer (post on this coming shortly), Maybelline Age Rewind Double Face Perfector concealer, to name a few.  

Overall, I would say stick to your regular under eye concealer of choice- this one seems to be mostly gimmick and hype.  I've read a few reviews from girls that said it worked for them, but unfortunately I can't recommend it based on my results.  

Have you tried either this tinted version or the regular?  What is your favorite under eye concealer?  
Happy weekend, everyone!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP